Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Reporting Bd 2009 Problems

Options

I have had problems lately returning BD email attachment tools to BD Support to enable them to assist me with a BD 2009 problem.

BD Support has forwarded me tools via email such as sysdump.tar, and on another occassion, SIW.rar to provide them with my system details.

My problem has been that Hotmail and Google Mail would not accept these files/tools as attachments when I attempted to reply to the BD Support request and Outlook Express accepted the attachments but would not send the email. (I won't go into the hassle I had expanding the compressed .rar file because I eventually managed it.)

Has anyone else experienced this problem or is it just me?

Comments

• Many email providers started to block zipped files (.zip, .tar, .tgz, .taz, .z, .gz) or executables stored in zipped files due to security reasons (definitely a good reason from my point of view) .

The easiest way to overcome this is to rename the .zip file into .zi_ and then attach and send the file. Gmail for example checks the attached file only by extension so when the extension is changed it will be surpassed and the message will be sent.

• Niels
    Options

Dear peterc,

If it still fails after changing the extension you can upload it to an online file host and just provide the download link.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Thank you Niels.

The hosting site suggestion worked well.

Regards, Peter

• Niels
    Options

Dear peterc,

Good to hear that it worked. You are welcome.

Kind regards,

Niels