Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control

Options

Hi, to everyone i`m new to this site . Has anyone got this problem. I`m using bitdefender internet security 2009 But canot password protect the key word screen in the parental control section it is not lockable. i`m able to type keywords like **** etc.... but this list is accessable to anyone and canot be password protected. I don`t want my kids reading this list. They can`t adjust the level of cover , child, teenager etc. but i can`t stop them reading the said list of keywords. Is there a way around this. Any advice welcome thanks.

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hi there,

I would ver much like to offer you a solution, but in your case I am afraid that there is nothing that can be done for the moment. The keywords list will be visible to any users, altough they will not be able to modify anything in it. I will create a request so that this feature is implemented in the future version of BitDefender.

Thanks,

Florin

• Hi there,

I would ver much like to offer you a solution, but in your case I am afraid that there is nothing that can be done for the moment. The keywords list will be visible to any users, altough they will not be able to modify anything in it. I will create a request so that this feature is implemented in the future version of BitDefender.

Thanks,

Florin

Many thanks for your reply florin. I think i may have found a solution to this VERY anoying problem. After reading a lot of posts on here i`ve noticed lots of people are having a problem with the bitdefender icon not appearing in the system tray. I have the opposite problem, i want to know if their is a way of permantly removing it. The reason is , i think this would stop my kids being able to access the key word screen on bd 2009. I`ve put the program in a folder and made it private , but the bd screen is still accessebile from said icon. removing it would (i think) solve my problem.

Is there a way of removing icons from system tray permantly? thanks.

I was using pc guard previously(vm) and as soon as i pressed parental control button, pasword was needed. I am very dissapointed with bitdefender for allowing acces to the keyword box. Not a good idear for children to read blocked list of nasties. I find this error astonishing! the program having parental control was one reason i bought bd. Out of work and wasted £ 20. Sorry to go on) Anyway back to my question .

Is there a way of permantly removing icons from system tray. thankx in advance to any replies. Dave.

• Niels
    Options

Dear poolking,

You can try this: Right click on a free space when you are in the area next to the windows clock, select customize. Now look for the BitDefender icon and select always hide and press on ok.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Dear poolking,

You can try this: Right click on a free space when you are in the area next to the windows clock, select customize. Now look for the BitDefender icon and select always hide and press on ok.

Kind regards,

Niels

Thankx Niels , I`ve already hidden icon But would like to permantly remove it. Thankx for advice.

• Niels
    Options

Dear poolking,

You can do that. But infact you have to deny that BitDefender starts together with windows. This is dangerous because you need to manually start BitDefender to be protected. Hiding the icon is the only solution if you want to be immediately be protected.

Kind regards,

Niels

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hi there,

I've got an easier solution for you, I hope you like it. What if, instead of hiding the icon, you could hide only the Parental Control Module from showing?

Good parts:

You get to do what you wanted to do in the first place

Bad parts:

It will be hidden from yourself too, but at least you will know how to bring it back if you want to.

Here is what you need to do, should you decide to try my solution:

1. Setup the Parental Control with all the rules that you want.

2. Reboot the PC in Safe Mode.

3. Browse to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009

4. Look for pcontrol.dll and rename it into pcontrol.dl_

5. Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.

6. Open BitDefender and you will notice the Parental Control module not being there, but it will still block the pages you want.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Florin

• Hi there,

I've got an easier solution for you, I hope you like it. What if, instead of hiding the icon, you could hide only the Parental Control Module from showing?

Good parts:

You get to do what you wanted to do in the first place

Bad parts:

It will be hidden from yourself too, but at least you will know how to bring it back if you want to.

Here is what you need to do, should you decide to try my solution:

1. Setup the Parental Control with all the rules that you want.

2. Reboot the PC in Safe Mode.

3. Browse to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009

4. Look for pcontrol.dll and rename it into pcontrol.dl_

5. Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.

6. Open BitDefender and you will notice the Parental Control module not being there, but it will still block the pages you want.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Florin

Thanks florin. I haven`t tried your sugestion yet bit busy at moment . Can i ask , is it the same procedure to get back the parental module? ie would i have to rename it pcontrol.dll Thankx again appriciated.