Windows Security Alert

Windows Security Alert says "Bit Defender reports it is turned off."

According to the BD dashboard the Antivirus, Antiphishing and Vulnerability all show "Protected".

Shows last deep scan date and time (2/27/09 early a.m.).

The windows alert appeared after rebooting 2/27 p.m., to activate the latest BD updates.

Rebooted again; Windows Alert is still there. Also note BD pop-up showing "scanning incoming/outgoing e-mail" is no longer functioning, so wonder if there really is a problem.

When positioning the cursor over BD icon on the task bar, message says "no issue affects your computer".

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

I would like to know the following:

1. Is the file wsc.ui present in C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\ENU ?

2. The version of the file wsc.dll from C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\ . Rightclick on it and select Properties, then go to Version->File Version.

As a sidenote, if all modules are enabled, then your PC is protected, the only thing that is wrong is that BitDefender did not integrate properly with the Windows Security Center. Altough this can be solved easily with a reinstall, I believe that the cause is one of the 2 files above so I will await your answer.

Thanks,

Florin

• Dear cjs123,

Please try this:

Press the windows button together with r now type this: services.msc press enter. Look for the Windows Management Instrumentation service and left click on it and press on stop. Now navigate to the windows folder,system 32,wbem,now delete the repository folder. Now start the Windows Management Instrumentation Service again.Reboot your pc. That should normally solve your problem.

Kind regards,

Niels