Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocking Everything On Total Security 2009

Options

Every page comes up as if it won't load.

Windows firewall works ok.

Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear Goat,

Do you also have windows firewall enabled together with BitDefender firewall? Or did you mean that when you disabled BitDefender firewall everything was fine?

Do you see an error message when trying to visit webpages? I mean page not found. Or is it just very slow loading of webpages?

If just slow loading of webpages you can try this: Open BitDefender switch to advanced view go to antivirus,high light the shield tab change the protection level to default or if you want to keep using the aggressive level. If you want to use aggressive level please press on custom level uncheck scan http traffic and press on ok.

Kind regards,

Niels

• It will say Address Not Found on every page except google.

I turn it off and uses windows firewall instead everything is fine.

?

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hi there,

What do you turn off from BitDefender to make this work? I don't think the Firewall is doing this, if you say google works. The firewall blocks an application, not a website. Most likely this is caused either by the Realtime Protection or the ****** Control from the Privacy Control module, which can be configured to allow traffic. Also, what browser are you using? Is BitDefender up-to-date ? Rightclick on the sytem tray icon and select About. The build should be 12.0.11.5

Thanks,

Florin

• Niels
    Options

Dear Goat,

Try to empty your temporary internet files. If you are using Internet Explorer: open the tools menu,choose internet options,browser history press on delete after that press on delete all. For firefox see here.

After you have done that try this: press the windows button together with r now type this: cmd press enter after that type ipconfig /flushdns press enter. Finally type exit and press enter. Reboot your pc.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Goat
    Options

I'll try some of that stuff out.

All I know is, I turn off bitdefender firewall I don't have this problem.

• Goat
    Options

Tried everything. Still mashed. Had to disable and use windows firewall instead.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help anyway!