Firewall Whitelist

I am running the BitDefender Firewall with "Allow Known Programs" - the setting it was installed with. In the "Whitelist" of "Trusted Applications" I see names that are unknown to me. For example, "123 Hidden Sender"; "Alchohol 120" ""Alchohol 120%"; "Any FLV Player";..........."Rufus" etc. Can I assume that this long list is valid - there does not seem to be any way for me to remove names that are unknown to me.

Comments

• Here is the info on the settings:

Allow All Applies the current rules and allows all traffic attempts that do not match any of the current rules without prompting. This policy is strongly discouraged, but it might be useful for network administrators and gamers.

Allow Known Programs Applies the current rules and allows all outgoing connection attempts from programs which are known to be legitimate (whitelisted) by BitDefender without prompting. For the rest of connection attempts, BitDefender will ask for your permission.

Whitelisted programs are the most commonly used applications worldwide. They include the most known web browsers, audio&video players, chat and filesharing programs, as well as server clients and operating system applications.

Report Applies the current rules and consults you about all traffic attempts that do not match any of the current rules.

Deny All Applies the current rules and denies all traffic attempts that do not match any of the current rules.

You can test firewall here:

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/leaktest1.htm