Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Network Module In Bdav2009 - Can't See Other Computers In Network Management Module Tree

Options

Just installed BDAV2009 on 3 different PCs on a Windows workgroup. When I open up the "Network" tab, 1 or 2 of the computers are always missing from the network tree. I have added all of the computer to the network and on one of the compters, have selected "Set this computer as Update Server of this Network". When I click to add a computer that is missing from the tree, it shows me ALL of the computers on my home network, but when I select one of the computers to add to the BD Network Module, I get ths message "The selected computer is already in your home management network".

If the network is already part of the home management network, then why can't I see it in the network tree? I certainly can't administer it if I can see it in the tree.

The 3 computers are running XP Pro (32), XP Media Edition (32), and Vista Business (64). They are on a windows workgroup over DHCP and share files just fine.

Comments

• Hi,

Did you get a resolution to this problem? I have exactly the same issue and more!

I have six PC's with 4 running XP Home (32) and 2 running Vista Home Premium (32 & 64). I can only add three PC's to a Home Management Network even if I use the same Home Network password on all the PC's. When I do get three PC's added, the Vista one goes missing from the network tree. If I try and add it back in again I get the same message as you received; "The selected computer is already in your home management network".

I reported it to Tech Support [Ticket ID:200904271008827]. Although in my e-mail I stated I was using BD AntiVirus 2009, they sent me instructions on configuring the BD Firewall. This is not present in the AV2009 product!

I replied to the e-mail from Tech Support three days ago but have not received a reply yet.

Andy E

Just installed BDAV2009 on 3 different PCs on a Windows workgroup. When I open up the "Network" tab, 1 or 2 of the computers are always missing from the network tree. I have added all of the computer to the network and on one of the compters, have selected "Set this computer as Update Server of this Network". When I click to add a computer that is missing from the tree, it shows me ALL of the computers on my home network, but when I select one of the computers to add to the BD Network Module, I get ths message "The selected computer is already in your home management network".

If the network is already part of the home management network, then why can't I see it in the network tree? I certainly can't administer it if I can see it in the tree.

The 3 computers are running XP Pro (32), XP Media Edition (32), and Vista Business (64). They are on a windows workgroup over DHCP and share files just fine.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Andy E and Loeb,

This inter-platform(32 bits-64 bits) communication for the Home Management module is currently being investigated by our testing team in order to determine this issue's rate of reproduction. We will get back to you with an update when we have more information on this matter.

• Just to let you know that with the help of Technical Support Engineer Tudor, the problem has been resolved. Here's what I had to do to get it working:

1) Make sure that there are no BitDefender issues on any of the PC's.

2) Removed all the PC's from their current BD network

3) Selected one PC and created a new network. This PC was set as the Update Server

4) Visit each of the other PC's and created a new network using the same pwd as above. NOTE - don't add any computers at this stage!!!

5) At the Update Server PC, add each of the other computer's by specifying their host name.

6) Thats it! All done!

There is no need to add computers at the other PC's as the network information is replicated. They will have the same network diagram as the Update Server. I did note that it can sometimes take a minute or two before a PC can become visible. I also had a PC go 'offline' and then reappear 'online' a moment later. However, it is all working and I can interact with the BD settings and scans on all the other PC's.

Regards,

Andy E

Hello Andy E and Loeb,

This inter-platform(32 bits-64 bits) communication for the Home Management module is currently being investigated by our testing team in order to determine this issue's rate of reproduction. We will get back to you with an update when we have more information on this matter.