Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Signcheck

Options

I use Quicken and have set a password for it that has to be entered when I start it. Recently I noticed that it has been very slow and I saw that a program called "signcheck.exe" is running when I start Quicken. The program is in the BitDefender 2009 folder. Is this correct? Why is it so slow when I enter the password?

Comments

• cbeiu
    Options

Switch to Advanced View in BitDefender and check the following:

1. Go to Antivirus > Shield > Scanner Settings; Is Behavioral Scanner enabled? (if it is please disable it and select OK)

2. Go to Firewall > Settings > Advanced Settings; Is Intrusion detection system enabled? (if it is please disable it and select OK)

Now execute Quicken and test if you still experience the slowdown when you enter the password.

• Thanks.

1. Go to Antivirus > Shield > Scanner Settings; Is Behavioral Scanner enabled? (if it is please disable it and select OK)

It is not enabled

2. Go to Firewall > Settings > Advanced Settings; Is Intrusion detection system enabled? (if it is please disable it and select OK)

Intrusion Detection System is enabled. I disabled it, and the slowness when entering the Quicken password vanished. BUT I enabled Intrusion Detection System again and Quicken is still fast - the originalproblem vanished. I assume from:

An update from you in the past few days?

or

Disabling and Re-enabling Intrusion Detection got rid of a bug?

Anyway, I plan on keeping "Intrusion Detection System" enabled even though I don't completely understand what it is doing.

• cbeiu
    Options

Nice to hear it's O.K. now. To be honest I could not say why disabling and then enabling back the IDS fixed the issue without any logs to check.

I will close this thread for now but if anything changes send me a PM and we will reopen.

This discussion has been closed.