Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Sending E-mails With Attachments!

Options

Hi all!

Sending an e-mail occurs with a problem...

I've been trying everything...

What I've done:

-I've turned outgoing emails scanning to off

-I've turned real time protection to off

-I've reinstalled BDIS

-I've tried to add some exceptions

...But nothing helped.

Any ideas?

Please help me!

I am running Windows XP home edition and Vista home (I've got two computers with the same problems), BD Internet security 2009 (Original Of course)

Edit:

What else:

I know that those e-mails are delivered to receiver, but I cant find them in sent elemets ;/

Comments

• cbeiu
    Options
    Sending an e-mail occurs with a problem...

Can you please explain, in detail, what the problem is?

• GZS
    GZS
    edited March 2009
    Options

I wanted to edit my first post, but I was late ;P

"Failed to connect SMTP server"

I saw one more detail: Progress in sending an e-mail is filling fast and stops in 100%, and after 30sec (about) I can see: "Failed to connect SMTP server"

Edit: And i tried this one: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Can_not_send_large_attachments

• GZS
    Options

It is very important, any suggestions?

Should I give you more information or you are unable to fix it?

• cbeiu
    Options

Attempt to pinpoint the cause of the issue:

First of all go to Advanced View and disable ALL the modules then attempt to send an email (is it working now?).

Next, enable the modules one at a time and send test emails to determine what module is causing this.

When you discovered what module is causing the issue try tweaking the settings for that module to more permissive values and test if that changes anything.

One more thing, what email client are you using and what port do you have set for SMTP?

• GZS
    GZS
    edited March 2009
    Options

When I disable all modules, I can send e-mails with attachments without any problem...

I am using Mozilla Thunderbird and my SMTP port is 25...

I discovered that Firewall causes the problem! What should I do?

EDIT: I don't understand it, when Firewall is enable (only FW) it works, but when I turn on all modules it broke ;/

• GZS
    Options

Update:

I've done something and it seems to be okay :)

So, thank you Corneliu for your tips :)

• cbeiu
    Options

You're welcome! I am glad to hear everything is O.K. now. :D.

I would really appreciate it if you would let us know how exactly you managed to fix it so that we can all learn from your experience. :P