Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Post-installation Problem With Ts2009-2 Computers

Options

I have two computers that are linked via a Linksys router. I had Total Security 2008 installed on the workstation, and Aluria installed on the laptop. Both computers could access the internet, (the laptop via a wirless connection, and the workstation hard-wired to the router). Both could access a shared drive (home office network). The workstation has Windows XP Pro (live updates, SP3) and the laptop has Windows XP Home (live updates, SP3).

I upgraded to TS2009 on the workstation, and then installed it on the laptop (after uninstalling Aluria).

The installs worked fine, and both computers can now access the internet.

BUT the shared drive is not accessible from the workstation! I chose to implement the TS2009 option to control TS from the workstation computer.

I've tried re-doing my home office network, shutting down/rebooting both computers, and nothing works.

I have uploaded the sysdump.html file.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_images/...icons/icon2.gif

S.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4858" data-fileid="4858" rel="">sysdump.html

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Does BitDefender Firewall give you some warnings ?

• Niels
    Options

Dear SKP,

Open BitDefender switch to advanced view, go to firewall,advanced settings and check enable internet connection sharing press on ok. After that go to the network tab. Try to change the stealth option to remote. Select under zones your network connection press on the add-button which looks like this: + and see if the if the ip-address is entered if not enter it and choose allow press on ok.

If it still fails reset the firewall rules go to rules,reset rules confirm the warning.

Kind regards,

Niels

• I did as you suggested.

There was no "stealth connection" option on the networks tab page.

After I tried that, the wireless connection disappeared, and the laptop lost it's internet connect.

I decided to restore both computers back to the system restore point prior to installing bitdefender.

Is there some documentation that would enable me to install TS2009 again without these problems?

BTW - TS2009 would not install on the laptop until I updated WXP to SP3. I did that, and it installed fine.

Dear SKP,

Open BitDefender switch to advanced view, go to firewall,advanced settings and check enable internet connection sharing press on ok. After that go to the network tab. Try to change the stealth option to remote. Select under zones your network connection press on the add-button which looks like this: + and see if the if the ip-address is entered if not enter it and choose allow press on ok.

If it still fails reset the firewall rules go to rules,reset rules confirm the warning.

Kind regards,

Niels

• A reminder --- I would like some documentation on the effect of TS2009's networking (administering 2 TS2009 installs from one computer) on home networks. I have uninstalled TS2009 on both, and would like to install again ASAP.

S.

Dear SKP,

Kind regards,

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Dear SKP,

There is a stealth mode when you are in the network section of the firewall section. Please look at the section network configuration. You will see that there is a colon/tab named stealth. Underneath you can change the stealth options I mean on,off or remote.

I am only a volunteer on this forum. I can't provide you with other information about the network feature.

Kind regards,

Niels