Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Updates 2

Options

Why don't bitdefender internet security update automatically. I have it planned to do updates for every hour but when I do it manually It downloads the updates.

Thanks

Martin

Comments

• cbeiu
    Options

If you perform a manual update and there are files to retrieve that does not lead to the conclusion that the automatic update is not doing it's job.

Let me explain with an example:

You have set your BitDefender to update every hour and it will always update let's say 10 minutes into every hour (e.g. 1:10 PM, 2:10 PM, etc.). At 2:30 PM you attempt a manual update and BitDefender retrieves some files. That is possible because we released an update at 2:20 PM.

Hope that answers your question. ^_^

• If you perform a manual update and there are files to retrieve that does not lead to the conclusion that the automatic update is not doing it's job.

Let me explain with an example:

You have set your BitDefender to update every hour and it will always update let's say 10 minutes into every hour (e.g. 1:10 PM, 2:10 PM, etc.). At 2:30 PM you attempt a manual update and BitDefender retrieves some files. That is possible because we released an update at 2:20 PM.

Hope that answers your question. ^_^

I find this odd as after I allowed the updates after the reminder, I also did a manual update straight away and it updated with all sorts of stuff :blink: . Very strange.

Thanks

Martin

P.S I have it set for me to do it manually.

• cbeiu
    Options

It's possible that the first update retrieved signature files while the second (the one that you requested) retrieved product files.