Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Address Added: 169.254.236.25

Options

I am recently seeing wireless notifications about 169.254.235.25 being added. Whois says it is from BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG. What is this? Should I be blocking them,and if so,how?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you know that IP or that domain ?!

If not, just block them ;)

• Do you know that IP or that domain ?!

If not, just block them ;)

How do I block them? I wanted to make sure that this is not a BitDefender domain.

I looked at the advanced Firewall rules,and among those that came with the BitDefender installation are:

index 5: allow everything for any application on a an adapter that is "Full Trust"

index 6: same thing for an adapter that is "Trusted Local"

index 7: deny everything on a "Blocked" adapter

The only adapter listed in the Network section are my "wirelss network connection" does this mean that my firewall is open to everything???

• How do I block them? I wanted to make sure that this is not a BitDefender domain.

I looked at the advanced Firewall rules,and among those that came with the BitDefender installation are:

index 5: allow everything for any application on a an adapter that is "Full Trust"

index 6: same thing for an adapter that is "Trusted Local"

index 7: deny everything on a "Blocked" adapter

The only adapter listed in the Network section are my "wirelss network connection" does this mean that my firewall is open to everything???

[/quote

I added

0.0.0.0 169.254.236.25

to my drivers\etc\hosts file. Does this block it? Was 169.254.235.25 an external site getting into my system or just some internal mechanism (UDP)/ The address of my router is standard 192.......