Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Causing Bsod's In Vista Ultimate Sp1

Options

Hello,

This is my first post so hopefully i'm doing this right. Last month I bought a brand new computer, installed Vista Ultimate SP1, and installed BitDefender Total Protection 2008. After doing this I began receiving the blue screen of death about once a day. The module or file causing the BSOD changes just about every time; i've seen several having to do with memory, ntfs.sys several times, luafv.sys several times, etc. After weeks of unsuccessfully troubleshooting the issue trying to figure out what was causing it I finally exited out of BitDefender completely and pulled my network cable to keep from getting infected, and bingo, no more BSOD's! I plug back in the network and turn BitDefender back on and several hours later, BSOD! My next step was to upgrade to Total Protection 2009 to see if that fixed the problem. Nope, more BSOD's. They most often happen when i'm not using the computer, generally overnight, but once or twice it's happened when i'm on, once after choosing to reboot and once while browsing pictures. And in the 2009 version they have removed the ability to turn off BitDefender so now I have to shut down my computer when not in use. Please help! Let me know what information I can give to be more helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• We'll need to have a look at the minidumps created during the bluescreens so I'll send you an e-mail in a couple of minutes requesting some information from your PC.

• We'll need to have a look at the minidumps created during the bluescreens so I'll send you an e-mail in a couple of minutes requesting some information from your PC.

I followed the instructions to get the log files to send but I was wondering if it would be more helpful for me to generate the logs right after getting a BSOD? I waited for one last night but didn't get it, I think because of an auto reboot after Microsofts security patch was applied. If the timing isn't important i'll send the log files this afternoon. Thanks.

• Nevermind, I had a BSOD when I went home for lunch. I sent you the requested information. Thanks!