Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Show Log Button Not Working

Options

When i select the "Show Log" button in any of my performed task windows nothing happens. No log appears. No window opens. No message of explanation or error. The only evidence i notice is if I have my task manager open to view running processes I see Windows Explorer process (explorer.exe) open and close. There is no corresponding window that opens however. As I said, nothing happens.

I believe what is supposed to happen is my default browser (for me, Firefox) should open showing the log. Can I dig somewhere where I can change the setting to open my logs from within BD?

Thanks

Comments

• Try to see if you can open the logs like this: BitDefender - Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus Scan, right click on the type of scan that you previously ran, select "Logs", select one of the logs in that list then click on Show. Please tell me if it opens up the log.

• winkpaine
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Try to see if you can open the logs like this: BitDefender - Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus Scan, right click on the type of scan that you previously ran, select "Logs", select one of the logs in that list then click on Show. Please tell me if it opens up the log.

Thanks but, no, the same outcome. That is, nothing displayed, no windows, messages, nothing.

Other suggestions?

• Let's try something else:

Please go to this location on your computer:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\

Select one of the folders there depending on the type of scan that you ran, then right click on one of the ".xml" files and select Open With -> go to Internet Explorer.

If it still does not bring up the scan report please tell me what OS are you running, on how many bits (32 or 64) and what version of IE do you have on the machine.

• Let's try something else:

Please go to this location on your computer:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\

Select one of the folders there depending on the type of scan that you ran, then right click on one of the ".xml" files and select Open With -> go to Internet Explorer.

If it still does not bring up the scan report please tell me what OS are you running, on how many bits (32 or 64) and what version of IE do you have on the machine.

Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned that the xml files in the logs folder do open in IE, which is good. At least I can read them.

However, I would still like to access them from within BD. Still unable to do so.

• Please tell me what version of IE and Windows(and its number of bits) you are using on this machine. Also, are ".xml" files associated by default with IE?

• Please tell me what version of IE and Windows(and its number of bits) you are using on this machine. Also, are ".xml" files associated by default with IE?

IE 7

Windows XP Pro 32 bit SP2 desktop

current with all updates, patches, hotfixes, drivers, etc. from Windows Update

clean, defragged system with no viruses (according to BD deep and full scans)

.xml files are associated with IE (when I double click them directly from the "logs" folder they open fine in IE)

I have the exact same setup on my laptop and the "Show log" button does work to display logs in an IE window