Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Big Problem

Options

Hi, I see that a lot of other users are having similar problems. Long boot up times. Very slow computer. I bought DB09 and now totally regret it. I can't even get to my mail, use any of my applications. My computer is completely useless (unless I want to wait an hour to open an application). This is BD system is BS. I am going to get my money back as I haven't even had the AV software for one day.

Comments

• Hi, I see that a lot of other users are having similar problems. Long boot up times. Very slow computer. I bought DB09 and now totally regret it. I can't even get to my mail, use any of my applications. My computer is completely useless (unless I want to wait an hour to open an application). This is BD system is BS. I am going to get my money back as I haven't even had the AV software for one day.

I placed a call to tech support (954)776-6262 and was on hold for 20 min and then a what sounded like a dialing type tone (foriegn?) I gave up after 50+ plus rings. I have placed a hold on my charge to my AMEX. There's no way I am paying for this.

• In order to troubleshoot this situation I will need to have a look at some reports generated on your computer - this will help us pinpoint the cause of the freeze. I have sent you an e-mail a couple of minutes ago, please reply to it when you have the time.

• w2jo
    Options
    In order to troubleshoot this situation I will need to have a look at some reports generated on your computer - this will help us pinpoint the cause of the freeze. I have sent you an e-mail a couple of minutes ago, please reply to it when you have the time.

I too am having VERY SLOW computer operation after installing BitDefender. Can you please send me a copy of what files to send you so I can get a fix for this problem. My computer is a Dell 6400 laptop with Dual Core CPU.

Thanks

Joe

• I'm having the same problems.

All worked fine then my BitDefender did a major update yesterday, when I restarted the profile wouldn't load, it started to load, showed the background and a few icons then just freezed.

Another thread (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12415&hl=freeze) came to the conclusion that it may be clashing with ZoneAlarm.

I have BitDefender Anti Virus 2009 and ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000.

My pc stats. are:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Pentium 4 3Ghz

2G RAM

How do i fix this?

• I'm having the same problems.

All worked fine then my BitDefender did a major update yesterday, when I restarted the profile wouldn't load, it started to load, showed the background and a few icons then just freezed.

Another thread (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12415&hl=freeze) came to the conclusion that it may be clashing with ZoneAlarm.

I have BitDefender Anti Virus 2009 and ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000.

My pc stats. are:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Pentium 4 3Ghz

2G RAM

How do i fix this?

I had the same problem .. also running Anti Virus 2009 and ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000.

Had to go to safemode and system restore. 24 hours on things are slower and I cannot retrieve anything from the Microsoft UPDate site.

PC

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2048MB RAM

• I had the same problem .. also running Anti Virus 2009 and ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000.

Had to go to safemode and system restore. 24 hours on things are slower and I cannot retrieve anything from the Microsoft UPDate site.

PC

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2048MB RAM

to be fair ..things are running ok now

• Running 2 AntiVirus Utilities at the same time :huh:

And you wonder why your slow????!!!!

Running 2 AV at the same time is very bad Karma.

• moemoff
    edited April 2009
    Options

Running 2 AntiVirus Utilities at the same time :huh:

And you wonder why your slow????!!!!

Running 2 AV at the same time is very bad Karma.

One is a firewall ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.0.483.000 - the other BD is antivirus. Now Zone Alarm 8 is a Antivirus suite with firewall. There is a difference.

The system is working ok for me again. I think they changed something after the update the other day.