Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitd Services Are Not Responding

Options

Hello! upon booting up my band new , freshly installed Bitdefender It says that bit defender security services are not responding. It recommends that i either restart my computer or call customer service. customer services never answers the phones, and restarting my computer has not fixed this problem. BD was working fine last night, how can i get it to work again? It won't load past the "not responding page" , has anyone ever experienced this issue? thanks! also, the red little sphere icon in my bottom left hand corner task bar is now grayed out.... obviously my internet is working just fine, so i don't understand why it would be unresponsive. any help would be great. thanks

Comments

• Please open the Task Manager and check in order to see if the "vsserv.exe" process is running. Also, please tell me what version of Windows (and its number of bits) you are running on that machine, the name, version and built for the BitDefender product that is installed and also what other security solutions do you have/previously had.

• Hello! upon booting up my band new , freshly installed Bitdefender It says that bit defender security services are not responding. It recommends that i either restart my computer or call customer service. customer services never answers the phones, and restarting my computer has not fixed this problem. BD was working fine last night, how can i get it to work again? It won't load past the "not responding page" , has anyone ever experienced this issue? thanks! also, the red little sphere icon in my bottom left hand corner task bar is now grayed out.... obviously my internet is working just fine, so i don't understand why it would be unresponsive. any help would be great. thanks

Hi - When that happened to me yesterday, it was because the BD program was trying to do a critical update. In order for the critical updates that came out recently, (in my case in was the 3/20 updates), you must have your Internet Explorer window open for the "critical updates" to work because they are for Internet Explorer viruses, which are of the most common kind. Since I got hit on the IE with the A360 (or AVG virus) on the Internet Explorer, I had to do auto-recover and lost my whole Winter Term, I guess. It's in here, I just haven't figured out how to decrypt it and get it back open from the .bvd extension state. Anyway, I'm a newbie here too. Alot of us are very frustrated with matters of individual incidences here. Keep the faith. These little things will be ironed out in time. Microsoft thinks they Cyberworld and they are in for a big surprise. Cyberworld was definitely not built by the Bill Gates empire alone, although many young people may be led to believe that. I have been using either Safari or Firefox alone because the browsers have better built in defenses and they are the underdogs, less subject to hack attack, you know? Now, the majority of people use the big "E", which is why it is most focused on for attack, even if you have the wonderful new Vista package that's supposed to protect you from all of these evil things. The truth is, well, I figure you're smart enough to figure it out. You were smart enough to buy a BD, right? So, go ahead, go open up your Explorer no matter how afraid you may be to get attacked, download from your Explorer browser Window the "critical updates" they won't let flow through the BD to you, because they are A-------s, selfish, over-zealous, or whatever. Stick to this. It's gonna work. BD has a product base they will never have (Norton, McAfee, the rest of the MS "clan"). This is because BD is a people-based company, not a corporate monster. Bear in mind, my friend, that BD has to do a majority of their business with these power-mongers. Think about it. See my other post down here. It's not going to be easy to make this change with the power-mongers putting up so much resistance. We have to stick with this in order for us to retain our security. Otherwise, you will buy a computer that you really don't have any control over.

• Satan
    Options

I had issues with BD TS 2009, like above and all the other ones in this forum. Repair etc. and messing with services is futile. Remember though that if it is disabled due to an update, leave it for a while and use your PC as normal, sometimes it just goes red and works in time. Also LEAVE all the advanced features alone, I had major issues thinking I knew better, by enabling things that are really not necessary like scanning HTTP traffic etc.

I found the best way to get it working in a stable fashion is to do exactly as follows:

1. De-install it if it is constantly not working/grayed out in task bar.

2. Register on site, and note registration details, making sure you have the password correct etc.

3. Reinstall, and at end of install, enter your registration details exactly same as on site. If you balls up this final step, you will get problems.

I have it installed this way on main PC and on Samsung Netbook NC10, and although the globe sometime vanishes on my taskbar, I run the desktop icon to check everything is working now and then.

The package front-end is a bit flaky, but also remember if you have the updates set to work silently, then it disables itself for updates, and looks bad but it is simply doing what it's told.