Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding

Options

This computer is about 3 weeks old. I recently noticed that BitDefender was disabling itself. When I went into the services panel and reenabled the "BitDefender Virus Shield", Bitdefender will work for about 7-8 hours then inevitably become disabled again. This is about the 5th or 6th time this has happened. When I go into Event View, I see this message "The BitDefender Virus Shield service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

Now the obvious answer to this situation would be to open the Services tab, find the BitDefender Virus Shield service, open the properties, click on the Recovery Tab and change the each failure option to "Restart the Service" however every time I try this I get "Access is Denied" This happens even though I am running as Administrator.

I also have another Bitdefender service, "BitDefender Threat Scanner" that is not started. I assume this is only started when the VirusScan is running.

My question is what do I need to do to make the BitDefender Virus Shield service start running again? I have tried reinstalling BitDefender and that did not help. Please solve this problem, I'm stuck with BitDefender for another half a year and I'd like to at least have a working copy on my main machine.

Thank you,

Lee

Comments

• Satan
    Options
    This computer is about 3 weeks old. I recently noticed that BitDefender was disabling itself. When I went into the services panel and reenabled the "BitDefender Virus Shield", Bitdefender will work for about 7-8 hours then inevitably become disabled again. This is about the 5th or 6th time this has happened. When I go into Event View, I see this message "The BitDefender Virus Shield service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

Now the obvious answer to this situation would be to open the Services tab, find the BitDefender Virus Shield service, open the properties, click on the Recovery Tab and change the each failure option to "Restart the Service" however every time I try this I get "Access is Denied" This happens even though I am running as Administrator.

I also have another Bitdefender service, "BitDefender Threat Scanner" that is not started. I assume this is only started when the VirusScan is running.

My question is what do I need to do to make the BitDefender Virus Shield service start running again? I have tried reinstalling BitDefender and that did not help. Please solve this problem, I'm stuck with BitDefender for another half a year and I'd like to at least have a working copy on my main machine.

Thank you,

Lee

I get this thing happening sometimes, and the globe greyed out in task bar. I find if i right click the globe and check for updates, then reboot seems to clear. Maybe deinstall reinstall failing that. The repair option made things worse for me in the past... Messing with the services never seems to help, just to save you some time.

• I get this thing happening sometimes, and the globe greyed out in task bar. I find if i right click the globe and check for updates, then reboot seems to clear. Maybe deinstall reinstall failing that. The repair option made things worse for me in the past... Messing with the services never seems to help, just to save you some time.

Try this: Go to Microsoft in the Windows Internet Explorer browser and get your system updated (provided it's genuine, of course). Your name implies you may not be running on genuine, so, in that case go get the update from a system that is using the steps first mentioned here, download it to a storage device (CD, DVD, flash drive), then go upload on your system and then go ahead and start up your BD. People have been having this problem with Microsoft this week. Are you in the US? Presumably. MS is f------ing with people. It's a power trip with them, I guess. I'm working on it. You didn't happen to get an ugly AVG or A360 thing while you were running on Internet Explorer this week, did ya? Hmmmm........I'll bring it up in Federal Court with them if I have to. It's outright deflamation of character. I live in Jefferson state, if you happen to know what that means. Good Luck.