Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Backdoor.ggdoor

Options

I have BDIS 2009. I did a deep scan the other night and it found nothing.

I decided to open my Spyware Doctor and do a scan with that and it found Backdoor.GGDoor. It is described as high risk; Backdoor.GGDoor allows an attacker unauthorized access to infected machines.

Because of warnings and advice from BitDefender, I do not run my Spyware Doctor in the background, and I actually have all the real time protection modules disabled. I only open it occasionally, update it and then run the scanner. It would appear that Spyware Doctor removed this threat, however, shouldn't my BDIS 2009 have found this, or never have allowed it to get into my system in the first place? Makes me wonder if I SHOULD be running Spyware Doctor with the protection modules enabled.

If someone could advise me on this I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Nikilet

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please pack the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Upload it on www.rapidshare.com or other server and leave here the download link.

• Please pack the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Upload it on www.rapidshare.com or other server and leave here the download link.

I am unable to do as you asked because the files have been removed. As I noted in my initial post, Spyware Doctor removed the infected files. The question still remains as to why BitDefender did not find this infection when I scanned, and why BD allowed this infection to get on my system in the first place. Which brings me to the big question: Can I trust this BDIS 2009 to protect me?

It's a good thing I didn't follow the instructions to completely remove Spyware Doctor. Had I not scanned with it this infection would have been allowed to remain on my computer and do its deeds.