Scan Engine And Update Detection

Hi Folks,

I'm evaluating the latest free version 10 that i downloaded and wanted to know what is the latest scan engine offering/s from BD and how to identify and classify which updates (definitions) take care of which malwares.

Also, what are the command line parameters ( the best one's ) that one should use to take care of infections.

Tks for ur help.

Onemanshow

Comments

• Hello Onemanshow,

At the time of this post, the engine and signature statistics were these:

Signature number: 2815766
    Version: 7.24451

You can view a Virus Detection list by going at the Update tab and clicking Show Virus list. You will have to wait a few moments (while the list is being generated).

However, you won't be able to see which update adds which signatures. You will only see a total virus list (sorted alphabetically) and the engine files which store those detections.

Cris.

• Hey Chris,

Tks for replying! but, u haven't answered my query in full, the command line parameters, etc...also, if u wud be kind enuf to mention how to check (gui and command line), which signatures/definitions r 4 which malwares, that wud be helpful too.

The product on the whole is good, but it can be improved further especially on the detection front and on the system performance 2.

Keep doing good work and results will certainly speak for itself!

Good Luck guys!

Tks for ur assistance.

Onemanshow

Hello Onemanshow,

At the time of this post, the engine and signature statistics were these:

Signature number: 2815766
    Version: 7.24451

You can view a Virus Detection list by going at the Update tab and clicking Show Virus list. You will have to wait a few moments (while the list is being generated).

However, you won't be able to see which update adds which signatures. You will only see a total virus list (sorted alphabetically) and the engine files which store those detections.

Cris.

• There are no command line parameters that are "best for all infections". Usually, BitDefender should remove detected infections automatically, without any intervention from your part.

However, should you have an infection that cannot be cleaned automatically and you need manual disinfection, you have to provide us with details about it and we will give you step-by-step instructions on how to clean it.

Also, as I said above, you cannot see signatures. They are strictly confidential and encrypted in the BitDefender database. All you can see is a malware definition list, as I posted above.

Cris.