Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Boot Takes Up To 30 Minutes

Options

I am experiencing very slow PC startup (15-30 minutes) since installing BD Antivirus 2009 on a Windows XP machine.

I have been using BD Antivirus for several years with no problems, and have just upgraded from 2008 to 2009.

I downloaded the Uninstall Tool and used it to uninstall 2008.

I downloaded BD Antivirus 2009 and installed it with no problems.

Next time I rebooted it took 30 minutes to load after which the PC ran at normal speed.

Subsequent reboots have taken from 15 to 30 minutes.

If I disable Real-time Antivirus protection (permanently) before shut down, the next reboot takes less than 2 minutes. I can then re-enable Real-time protection and everything runs OK.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I fix this?

Comments

• do you use bitdefender tune ultilities ???

use it because it is so useful

go to start run and write msconfig

choose start up and disable all

then choose bdagent and IEshow then reboot your PC

if you use windows XP you can use this free tool from microsoft to optomize boot bootvis

• You may have the same problem I am having.

The latest AV 2009 updates contain a bug that causes erratic behavior in both my wife's Vista machine and my XP Pro machine. It hangs up during boot on my XP and doesn't let my wife boot on her Vista machine (Error messages during boot).

I have had to do a system restore on both machines. They work now but I had to turn off the BitDefender AV 2009 automatic updates. Every time I would reboot after the bitdefender update the computer would hang and I would have to do another system restore.

The only workaround is to disable the automatic updates. Bitdefender needs to get it's act together and test their updates before it releases them. Earlier this year they released an update that identified one of the Windows Update files as a virus and deleted it! It took a few days before they corrected that goof.

• Thanks for your suggestions KOSAY85 and NETZOID.

I will do some further investigation and see if I can come up with anything. If not then I will revert to BD Antivirus 2008 which I know works.

• Thanks for your suggestions KOSAY85 and NETZOID.

I will do some further investigation and see if I can come up with anything. If not then I will revert to BD Antivirus 2008 which I know works.

WelCommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee

• UPDATE

I have given up, uninstalled BD 2009 and reinstalled BD 2008. Everything now works as it should and the the PC boot_s quickly.

My license lasts until August, so I will wait till then to decide whether to stick with Bitdefender or go with another product.