Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Network Seems To Disable Itself After Installed

Options

Twice I have created a home network and it initially worked fine. I tried to use it later and it didn't work. Each of my 2 computers showed that the other did not have BidDefender installed but it was.

Comments

• Please try the following suggestions:

-> please access the home management feature on both computers and click on the “Join/Create a network” button on both of them – you need to set up a distinct password on each computer;

-> try adding the remote computer using its IP address and not graphical interface in the wizard;

-> please check to see if the network shares are running properly between the two computers - if you set up a password for the shares please remove it in order to make the shares accessible for our application;

-> if you are still unable to access the remote computer please disable the BitDefender firewall on both computers and try to see if like this you can connect the two devices.

• popsb
    Options

Thanks for your response! I cannot find the "Join/Create a network" button. Can you tell me exactly how to find it?

• That button is located in the Network section in BitDefender - if you already created a network it will turn into the "Leave network" button.

• popsb
    Options
    That button is located in the Network section in BitDefender - if you already created a network it will turn into the "Leave network" button.
  • popsb
    Options

Diana, I did all the things you told me including recreating the network. Then the network worked correctly. Both computers showed the other computer online. I was able to access QuickBooks Pro 2009 on my desktop from my laptop.

I left for three hours, came back and the network diagram on each computer showed the other computer as offline. I could no longer connect QB 2009 from my laptop to my desktop. I checked all the settings you have given me and they are unchanged.

What do I do now?

• Please tell me how are these machines connected: what type of networking equipment do you have (router, switch etc.) and what medium do you use for the connection (cabled/wireless).

• popsb
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Please tell me how are these machines connected: what type of networking equipment do you have (router, switch etc.) and what medium do you use for the connection (cabled/wireless).
    I have a linksys router for my wireless network.
  • Please use these steps on both computers encountering this issue:

If you are using Windows Firewall on the machines please disable it. Also, go to My Computer, Tool - Folder options and View - scroll down the list and make sure that "Use simple file sharing" is disabled.

Then Start - Run - type in "ncpa.cpl" [Ok] - right click on the network adapter that you are using to connect to the wi-fi network and select Properties. There please make sure that "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks" is checked.

Let me know how it goes.