Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall And Real-time Mail Protection

Options

I am a new user to BD IS 2009 and am having a few start-up problems. My computer system is a Dell Studio 1735 laptop using Vista Home Premium SP 1 OS. Originally, my problem was that the firewall consistently hung the system. I worked through that problem and now it seems the basic settings for real-time mail and web protection become disabled from time-to-time. I set them and then, boom, they become disabled somewhere along the line. I’ve worked on this for many hours spanning several days and don’t want to make a full time job of it. Does anyone have any straight forward suggestions? It looks like an easy-to-use product and I prefer not to scrub but may need to. Thanks in advance for any help that may be offered. PS --- I also use this on a Dell Desktop using XP without any problems what-so-ever.

Gene

Comments

• For starters, please try to disable User Account Control in the Control Panel and check in order to see if this issue reoccurs.

• genek
    Options

I'm sorry --- I don't think I understand what you are asking me to do. Could you please be a little more specific? Thanks.