Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Μedia Sharing Pc-xbox360

Options

i want to share the media on my pc with my xbox 360.problem is that my xbox cant find my pc which is using the same wireless network i have at my home.what i've done so far: enabled media sharing (im using windows media player 11),when firewall asked to create rules for udp,tcp i entered allow. when i turned the bitdefender firewall off and used the windows firewall it worked just fine so i must be missing some firewall setting.some additional info:im using windows xp home SP3,bitdefender total security 2009

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Thran,

Try this:

- open BitDefender Security Center and switch to Advanced Mode

- go to Firewall -> Network

- At the Network Configuration table, choose your wireless network and select, for Trusted Level the option Trusted Local

- also, for Stealth select Remote (also, for the wireless network).

You might also try to disable the port scanning detection. Go to Firewall -> Settings, click Advanced settings and uncheck Block port scans

Cris.

• Thran
    Options

thanks cris for the fast reply. changing the trust level from "safe" to "trusted local" did the trick.i also changed the stealth status to "remote" as you suggested. didn't disable the port scanning feature because it sounds like a security hole :ph34r:

• alexcrist
    Options

I'm glad to be of help.

If you have other question, don't hesitate to post. :)

Cris.

== Topic closed (issue solved) ==

This discussion has been closed.