Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is This The Case?

Options

I have been told by someone using BD (not with the same situation):

In my home network:

One PC running Win 2K

MY PC running XP SP2

a Mac Notebook

and a laptop XP SP2

Internet gateway

That the computers cannot see each other or exchange files UNLESS they are running some variety of BD.

I find this a bit EXTREME that if I want to protect ONE PC (that does most of the Internet activity) I have to protect the others with a BD product.

This will probably be the DEAL BREAKER for buying BD products. One reason being that the MAC comes home intermittently from University.

I need some help determining whether BD can be configured to allow computers to see each other and share files WITHOUT all having to have BD installed.

This seems to be a potential problem for ANYONE having a small network. For instance, a person visiting a home or business (not having BD) would not be able to share files or devices.

I look forward to an answer.

gazer

Comments

• Well thats not true i have a few networks i mantain but just on my home one only one system has bd on it the other 4 run a dif free one and i have no problems with them seeing each other.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello gazer,

As Hammey, what you heard is not true. If it were true, it meant that BitDefender should have had a module used for file sharing (something like Direct Connect clients), which seems absurd.

You can share anything between two computers in the same network, regardless if they have the same BitDefender product installed, or if one of them doesn't have BitDefender at all.

Of course, if you choose BitDefender Internet Security or Total Security, which come with a Firewall module, then you have to make some settings to the firewall to allow file sharing. But those settings are very simple (it's just a matter of changing the Trust Level of a connection).

Follow my advice: just download a free trial of BitDefender and test it. It's the best thing to do when you have doubts, or when you hear various rumors about it. :)

Cris.