Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2009 Issues On Vista 64bit

Options

Vista Business 64 bit SP1. BitDefender Total Security 2009 retail. There are a number of issues with this product. It is just a disappointment. Here are the list:

- The software causes my Lenovo Thinkpad T400 blue screened a couple of times. The error message said it was due to a BitDefender driver (BDFTDIF.SYS). A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

- In the Start menu, under "BitDefender 2009" folder, the only entry is "Repair or Uninstall". Manual scan etc. is nowhere to find.

- Can't do any manual scan from BitDefender panel, that includes Deep System Scan, Full System Scan, Quick System Scan, etc. The error message reads "Scan failed to execute" (what the heck)

- The Advanced mode of BitDefender panel sometimes can't display its contents - only the title bar and the bottom status bar of the window / dialog can be seen. Need to reboot the computer and hope it will come up

- The system boot_s extremely slow after installing this software

- Technical support is just not there. The phone number printed on the user's manual 1-866-947-1873 for Canada is a fake number - it might be a fax machine attached to it. This is just not professional. Please, if you print the number there, you'd better have somebody answer the phone.

If somebody from BitDefender reads this forum, please try to resolve the issues. I can provide as many details as I possibly can. I really would like to know how I can get my money back if this piece of software keeps crashing my computer. Don't curse Microsoft for Vista, if this software doesn't work on Vista 64 bit, don't print it on the cover of the retail box.

Comments

• Due to the number of issues you have experienced with the product we'll have to check some logs from your system in order to determine their cause. I sent you an e-mail requesting some information from your PC, please reply to it.

• Due to the number of issues you have experienced with the product we'll have to check some logs from your system in order to determine their cause. I sent you an e-mail requesting some information from your PC, please reply to it.

I too cannot get BD 2009 to scan on my Vista box. My two Xp boxes work fine. Could use your help here please.

Jeff

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi

if you are sure that Vista has no corrupt system files, just uninstall BD from its own tool available here.

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall64

and, then reinstall the latest version of BD by downloading it again from the Internet, which should give you the latest version.

Hemanth