Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 Keeps Starting Full System Scan Outside Schedule

I'm very fond of BitDefender, and have been using it for some time now. However, on my laptop it has begun to initiate the Full System Scan approximately once per minute. There is no schedule set up for a FSS in the first place, as I have it configured to perform a Deep System Scan once per day at 11pm.

I am perplexed by this issue. It's quite infuriating as whenever I try to do anything, it insists on scanning 24/7. Whenever I close the scan in any fashion (stop, cancel, alt+f4, etc) it will begin another within 1 minute's time.

I have gone over the scan schedules several times and cannot seem to find any setting which might be causing this behaviour.

A workaround that I have discovered is to stop the scan and not close the window, leaving it hanging on the scan report. This prevents another from starting, freeing up my system resources, but does not fix the problem.

My laptop is an ASUS M50VM, running Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit).

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Please tell me what built do you have for BitDefender on this system and also when did this issue start happening? I will also need to know how you set up the scheduled scan and if you changed your system clock recently.

• I'm not sure which build I have, other than that it's BitDefender Internet Security 2009. It's current with the updates, as I ensure that they run every day. How would I find out further information?

I changed my system clock recently, yes, but I have reinstalled BitDefender since then. This installation has run on the same timezone the entire time.

I set up the scheduled scans via the "Antivirus" panel of the Advanced View of the main program. In the Virus Scan tab, right clicking on each type of scan and editing the schedule - that is how I have done it.

• I am having the same exact problem. I've never changed my system clock and it always runs the full scan. One step farther the console says the scan has never been ran despite completing several times. Even when I remove the schedules, it still runs and only the full scan as if on a hidden 1 minute schedule.

BitDefender Version: Internet Security 2009; Build 12.0.12.1

• Hello ShadowHawk,

Let's try something:

Please disable UAC for your current windows user and then run this file, restart the system.

After that go to BitDefender - Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus scan and right click on the type of scan that you wish to schedule, select Clone and make a new schedule for that scan.

Let me know how it goes.

• I am having the same exact problem. Full Scan wants to run right after it just ran--it's running again right now. I even tried downloading the above file (32bit version) and it worked for a few hours, but it reverted to its old ways.

After upgrading to 2009, I have experienced many problems with this software from hangs to crashes to this. You have a solid product, but I fear things might be going downhill. I just had to vent that.

Thanks

BitDefender Internet Security 2009

Version 12.0.12

• Thank you Diana B.

Perhaps in the next version the menus will be more intuitive.

I had no idea that clicking on that shaded little box buried in ---> BitDefender - Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus scan would bring up a setup windows!

I have now changed the settings to a more reasonable 14 days (instead of the default every day!)

• rhoward
    edited September 2009
    Hello ShadowHawk,

Let's try something:

Please disable UAC for your current windows user and then run this file, restart the system.

After that go to BitDefender - Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus scan and right click on the type of scan that you wish to schedule, select Clone and make a new schedule for that scan.

Let me know how it goes.

I have this problem but I'm not sure what version your file was intended for. I am running Windows XP Professional SP 2 on a desktop which is usually on 24/7 and I have Bit Defender Antivirus 2009 12.0.12

I've scheduled scans for "periodically" every 1 day at 2:00 am. That works (well, I won't get into my Game Mode problems) BUT then the scan starts up over and over all day. Very frustrating.

• Hello rhoward,

This issue has been solved in our latest version . If want, you can upgrade for free following the steps from the next topic :http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=14997 .

Thank you .