Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Please Help With Removing This

Options
pinktrol
edited July 2007 in Malware talk

hey there,

i have a problem, i run an online bitdefender scan and it found stuff but it didnt remove it. so now i dont know how to get rid of it :( please tell me what to do with it. i'm attaching the report. and the stuff found is: Generic.Malware.sp!.FC7A718F

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=355" data-fileid="355" rel="">raport.rar

Comments

• claudiu
    Options

best of all download a trial version of bitdefender antivirus and make a complete scan.

• Niels
    Options

Hello pinktrol

Can you please copy the logfile into your next reply? So I can help you further. The reason is that only virus researchers can download attachments to prevent infections when somebody accidentaly downloads it. That is for all attachtments also for textfiles.

Regards

Niels

• Cd-MaN
    Options

Hello.

I've copied below the relevant sections of the log:

C:\Documents and Settings\monisia\Moje dokumenty\My Music\Adware Away 2.2.6\AdwareAway.exe=>(Inno Installer o)=>(Inno Module 9)

Infected with: Generic.Malware.sp!.FC7A718F

C:\Documents and Settings\monisia\Moje dokumenty\My Music\Adware Away 2.2.6\AdwareAway.exe=>(Inno Installer o)=>(Inno Module 9)

Disinfection failed

Deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\monisia\Moje dokumenty\My Music\Adware Away 2.2.6\AdwareAway.exe=>(Inno Installer o)

Update failed

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{113B218D-ECEC-42B4-B883-AD5EFC861947}\RP110\A0025969.exe=>(Inno Installer o)=>(Inno Module 9)

Infected with: Generic.Malware.sp!.FC7A718F

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{113B218D-ECEC-42B4-B883-AD5EFC861947}\RP110\A0025969.exe=>(Inno Installer o)=>(Inno Module 9)

Disinfection failed

Deleted

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{113B218D-ECEC-42B4-B883-AD5EFC861947}\RP110\A0025969.exe=>(Inno Installer o)

Update failed

My first suspicion was that this is a FP (False Positive), however I downloaded the program (I assume that the program in question is this), and it's not detected (the second set of files detected is from a system restore point and most probably is a copy of the same file). So:

Please run an online scan again (so that you check with the latest signatures).

And if the file is still detected, please attach the file in question (C:\Documents and Settings\monisia\Moje dokumenty\My Music\Adware Away 2.2.6\AdwareAway.exe) to your next post, so that we can take a look at it and determine the exact situation.

Best regards.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Cd-MaN

I found this about Adware Away: http://www.spywaredata.com/spyware/threat_...AWAY/result.php

and this http://www.malwarebytes.org/database.php?id=196 If you take a look these two sites labels adware away as a rogue application. But here it's labelled as a trustfull application: http://www.2-spyware.com/review-adware-away.html

Regards

Niels

• Cd-MaN
    Options

The one I found looks quite legit (it doesn't try to scare the user into buying the full version or other things like that), however the broader picture needs to be known before any judgment can be passed (for example are other sites installing it without user consent). So it would be useful if pinktrol could confirm that this is indeed the application in question.

Best regards.