Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rootkit - Blink Professional Edition

Hi

BitDefender detects the Blink Professional Edition as a rootkit.

Comments

• Hello hemanth,

Could you provide a download link for this application? Also, please post a BitDefender scan log.

Cris.

• Hi

the software (trial) could be downloaded from www.eeye.com, under the downloads tab.

I deleted the software, and it is bulky (70 MB) for a re-download. I have a slow connection. Sorry I can't upload the scan log.

thanks

• Unfortunately, I cannot download the trial version, because it needs somekind of registration (Companies only). I will forward your request to the Analysis department and maybe they will be able to get a copy.

Cris.

• Hi

you can download; just enter 'Not Applicable' if it asks for a company and give an email id such as ....@iee.org or your university id.

Hemanth

• Hi Cris,

have you any news for me on this?

Hemanth

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited April 2009

Hemanth, please provide a scan log which contains the path, filenames and detection names for the files detected as rootkit.

The scanlogs are XML files, and this type of files are allowed to be attached on this forum. If you cannot attach a scanlog, please archive it, upload it on a file-sharing server, and post the download link.

EDIT: I've just talked to someone from analysis and detection for this software should be removed after the next update. Thank you for reporting.

Cris.