Is It Just Me Or Is Bitdefender Shutting Down Alot With Errors

I upgraded my Bitdefender not long ago to 2009 Internet Security and have it running on three pc's at home. The problem I have is the number of shutdowns of this program with file errors at update times. It has been so bad and consistent on all computers. Is anyone else having these errors occur all the time?

Until now I haven't bothered with submitting the reports to Bitdefender support but if I did I would estimate at least one to two reports daily from all three computers. Not to mention the missus is unhappy. Right now Bitdefender is sitting there shut off temporarily for an update and has been for some time leaving me without protection I paid for. Then I will get the error report popup. This is happening all the time. It is not uncommon for me to turn on one of the pc's or return to it to find bitdefender shutdown and error report windows to close. Only after restarting the computer do things rectify themselves.

It seems this once reliable and good protection software is going to the dogs. Luckily I only paid for a one year licence and it may pay to look around if this doesn't seem to clear up. I not looking for support here so don't bother with the have you contacted support blah blah blah, I more intrested to know how many people are having the same issue.

Comments

• all i can say is that you're not alone.

sad thing is the techs seem to be entirely lost in their job.

they feed us with product updates which are supposed to fix one issue bringing another one at the same time.

i switched off automatic updates and use manual instead, once a day vir definitions only.

if there's a product update, first i have to make a ghost image of my OS,

then i test an update - in many cases i had to restore OS because of those "fixes" which bring more and more errors.

i got tired of all those backup/restore operations, and slowly am losing hope this BD thing will ever be working

as it's supposed to - so many months since its release, and it's still in beta phase imo.

once a good product, now... you know what i mean.

170 days till the end of my subscription, and i'll look for another protection.

<_<

• thks for your input, good (well sort of) to know I'm not alone.