Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help With Bdmcon.exe

hi everyone!!!! i was wondering if one of you guys could help me out with this one? when i try to shutdown my laptop lately, more often than not i get a grey box pop up which says bdmcon.exe program not running or something to that effect,there is an option to end now. what is this and how do i stop it?

cheers in advance guys!!

Comments

• Hello hannahboo,

What version of BitDefender do you use?

Cris.

• Hello hannahboo,

What version of BitDefender do you use?

Cris.

hi cris im using bit defender 9

• bdmcon.exe (BitDefender Management Console) is the main graphical user interface module, which also shows up in the system tray.

Since BitDefender v9 is a very old version (more than 3 years old, if I'm not mistaking), I doubt that anyone from development will look for bugs in such an old version. But I could give you some workarounds:

- before shutting down, just right click on the BitDefender tray icon and select Close (or Exit, I don't remember what it was called exactly). Then bdmcon should close correctly and there won't be problems when you shutdown.

- when that popup appears, just click End now. Since the system is already shutting down, it doesn't matter if bdmcon is forced to end rather than closing by itself.

As a side-question: do you use any other security applications that might interfere with BitDefender?

Cris.

• hannahboo
    edited April 2009

hi again cris, no i dont use any other security apart from my windows firewall!! but ive always had that, and this problem is relatively new. i will take your advice and close bd before i shutdown and i will let you know how i get on!! thanx for your co operation. my bd runs out soon!! what is the latest version?

• The latest version is BitDefender 2009 (v12). You can get it from the main site.

• i have the same problem with it.hope someone can solve it!

• Hello deron ,

In order to be able to assist you further, please let us know:

- what BitDefender product/version you are using;

- what is your operating system;

- are there any other security solutions on the same PC, besides BitDefender?

- what type of Internet connection are you using ;

Thank you .