Total Security 2009 Local Backup

I was so pleased to see a backup facility capable of saving to NAS drives. I started using it to do a incremental back up of my whole hard drive.

The process started well then started throwing up warnings like:

Warning: C:\PAGEFILE.SYS,The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Being a sys file I am assuming that windows is using this file. How can I overcome this problem?

There will be many files which maybe in use which I want backed up. I know norton ghost ran from DOS level to avoid this.

Any clues anyone?

If this can be overcome then this would make bitdefender priceless! :rolleyes:

Comments

• I was so pleased to see a backup facility capable of saving to NAS drives. I started using it to do a incremental back up of my whole hard drive.

The process started well then started throwing up warnings like:

Warning: C:\PAGEFILE.SYS,The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Being a sys file I am assuming that windows is using this file. How can I overcome this problem?

There will be many files which maybe in use which I want backed up. I know norton ghost ran from DOS level to avoid this.

Any clues anyone?

If this can be overcome then this would make bitdefender priceless! :rolleyes:

One of my friends recommended Genie Backup Manager Pro 8.0 in that it can deal with locked files and has very strong disaster-recovery feature. I have just down loaded a trial version to test against TS2009 local back up. It would be a real shame if TS2009 local back up was inferior to Genie Backup Manager Pro 8.0 give its strengths every where else. But not being able to back up a locked/in use file is quite an Achilles' heel. Maybe TS2010 will address that. :D