Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Registry Cleaning That Could Lead To Problems With Bd

Options

Hi

a lot of problems here could happen due to missing or corrupt files. The latter is very very rare. However the former could happen often by running registry cleaner software. A lot of registry cleaner software are not very well written for all kinds of system. They release the product without properly testing. Be extremely careful while deleting the registry keys with Ccleaner! It is better not to clean the registry with Ccleaner. I have been using Tune Up to clean the registry which is excellent in cleaning the registry with its 1-click maintenance. There are a lot of registry clean/boost software, don't use them!

If you know how problems could happen generally to BD engine, please mention.

Hemanth

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Well, generally, sensitive keys that could lead to BitDefender's malfunction are the keys which store the paths to the different security modules, or the keys that store information about services and drivers.

I guess that the keys that point to the scanning engines folder are not that critical to BitDefender's well-functioning, because if the engines are not found where they should be, they are simply re-downloaded from the update server.

Cris.

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi Cris,

I had problems with Registry Cleaners with BD!

Updating did not solve, but a reinstall!

Hemanth

• hnyaji
    Options

HI

Windows Live one care online registry scan too could cause, errors in BD!

try it out!

Hemanth

• alexcrist
    Options

OK, well...basically, it's good that you post here what software might corrupt BD's information.

But BitDefender can't o much to prevent this, so these problems should be reported back to the authors of those registry cleaning tools. So you should try contacting the devs of those applications (in this case, Microsoft) about these errors.

Cris.