Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocked Icmp Ping Request Failed?

Options

I'd like to block ICMP ping requests and cannot seem to do it. I'm using the shields up! web page to check my open/closed ports and can't seem to get this firewall to deny ICMP ping requests. I'm using a Motorola cable modem(sbg900)/gateway with the firewall turned off because it was causing some weird issues with not loading some web sites. I've stealthed the adapter and 'blocked local' under trusted level. I even went into 'advanced' and 'denied' all 'ICMP' requests. Am I missing some settings?

Comments

• tdamocles
    edited April 2009
    Options

If I ping my own ip address in a dos command line, will this test if the firewall can correctly stop it?

Since I use Firefox and the rules state that everything is allow to pass in and out in the firefox rules, than running a ping from the browser won't be correct...correct? I tried pinging from a command line and it failed. Does this show me that the ICMP denial is working?

• If I ping my own ip address in a dos command line, will this test if the firewall can correctly stop it?

Since I use Firefox and the rules state that everything is allow to pass in and out in the firefox rules, than running a ping from the browser won't be correct...correct? I tried pinging from a command line and it failed. Does this show me that the ICMP denial is working?

I solved the problem..It was the router responding...

This discussion has been closed.