Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Backup/restore

Options

I am trying to restore a Bitdefender backup from an external drive after doing a clean install of my OS (Vista). When I try to restore files I get the following message, “Exception occurred when open Catalog Set or Backup Set, the error message is: Sorry, the catalog set has been damaged and the job cannot run correctly. Maybe you are manipulating the file on Read-Only media(Such as CD-ROM), please copy it to writable media and try again!”.

I have reset permissions and ownership of backup files to allow access, but no improvement. I critically need to restore these files! Can someone offer some assistance please???? Is there any way to access my backup files?

I have sent Bitdefender 2 emails over the last week with NO response. I called the help line and was on hold for over 2 ½ hours with no one ever answering. I tried the chat-line, but it just sends you to email.

I have heard that Bitdefender customer support is weak, but this is ridiculous! :wacko:

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Bubba,

Did you get any TicketIDs? If you did, please send them to me in a PM.

Cris.

• hnyaji
    edited April 2009
    Options

Hi Bubba,

you could reinstall BD instead of trying to restore it. I have no idea if a restoration as you have specified would work, because the restore information is stored in many locations not only in one folder!

BD chat is available at the following link.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/getSupport/

I just had a live chat at the above link.

Probably you have a ****** blocker active in your browser that is preventing the browser to open a chat window. Just allow the scripts on the above link, to have a successful chat (refresh the page if the chat window does not appear).

Hemanth

• Cris,

I did not get any Ticket ID's. Any other suggestions?

In response to Hemanth , I am trying to restore files and folders backed up by Bitdefender, not Bitdefender itself. Also, how do I check for a Scriptblocker in my browser (Firefox). It is installed with default settings.

• alexcrist
    Options

Bubba, please try LiveAssistance now. They are online. :)

• Nothing changed...no response from Live Assistance. Screen shot attached

post-15677-1240336199_thumb.jpg

• hnyaji
    edited April 2009
    Options

Hi

refresh that page about 5 times!