Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Stop Bd From Prompting For Changed Program?

Options

I am using BD Total Security 2009 in a computer that is used for software development. Whenever I compile a new executable and run it, BD pops up with saying that the program has changed and if it should be allowed to run. The program has a rule that allows it to run in the Firewall section but I can't seem to find a setting that will turn off the prompting for this program only.

Can anyone point me to the correct steps to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Please try this setting: Advanced View - Firewall - Advanced Settings button. Uncheck the option "Monitor changes in programs that match firewall rules" .

• Please try this setting: Advanced View - Firewall - Advanced Settings button. Uncheck the option "Monitor changes in programs that match firewall rules" .

Thanks. That did the trick. I believe that this is a global setting. Would it be possible to specify this flag on a program by program basis so that programs that should not change should continue to be monitored? If this feature is not available currently, I would like to make a suggestion for it to be available in the next update.

• Unfortunately that feature is not available in the product, at the moment - what I can do is create a feature request for this setting and we will try to see if it can be implemented in future versions of the product.

• Unfortunately that feature is not available in the product, at the moment - what I can do is create a feature request for this setting and we will try to see if it can be implemented in future versions of the product.

That would be great, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.