Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv

Options

Hi

have you removed vsserv from loading to the memory? Because this does not appear in task manager!

However vsserv could be found in the BD folder.

Hemanth

Comments

• fgagnon
    edited April 2009
    Options

Do you have "Show processes from all users" enabled?

(Necessary to show SYSTEM processes)

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi

thanks

vsserv does appear in the task manager with "Show processes from all users" enabled! However enabling this option was not necessary earlier to view vsserv in the task manager.

Hemanth

• This is a recent feature because that process will start under the SYSTEM user, and not under the current local user logged into Windows.

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi

why is this change?

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi Diana,

why is this change to load vsserv as a general process?

thanks,

Hemanth

• alexcrist
    Options

Because vsserv is ran as a System Service. And as far as I can remember, vsserv has always ran with SYSTEM credentials, not with user credentials.

In Windows Vista, vsserv never appeared in TaskManager without checking Show Processes from all users.

However, in Windows XP, vsserv always appeared (and still does), because that option in Windows XP only affects processes from other Windows accounts, not processes running as System, Local Service, Network Service, etc...

Cris.

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi Cris

I don't know how it was before! I asked because Diana said it is a recent feature!

Hemanth