Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2009

Options

I have a situation that I hope someone can enlighten me about.

I have Registry Mechanic; have had for a long time. I don't allow it to run in the background, but I do open and run it most nights before I shut down my computer.

All of a sudden it's finding two registry keys related to BitDefender and it's not repairing or removing them. I'm a little puzzled about why, after all this time, these two items are popping up, and why Registry Mechanic isn't repairing them. The keys involved are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender CrashInfo

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender CrashInfo\livesrv

If anyone on the forum has any information about this I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!

Comments

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi

the registry keys directly after HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE hold the "names" of the software. The keys you have mentioned are created by fault by BD, and you could delete them.

Hemanth

• Nikilet
    Options
    Hi

the registry keys directly after HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE hold the "names" of the software. The keys you have mentioned are created by fault by BD, and you could delete them.

Hemanth

I wrote to Registry Mechanic support. They sent me instructions and I no longer am having the problem. Just wanted to let you know and thank you for your reply.