Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender And Credit Card Fraud

Options

Hello All,

On top of all my technical frustration with BD here is a new, most-recent kink.

I got a call today from my credit card company advising me of possibly fraudelent charge made to my card early this morning. The charge was fraudelent indeed.

Considering that I usually don't use this card for online purchase and the fact that I used it to buy BD made me slightly suspicious. Considering that it came at 4am EST made me think it likely come from Europe/Asia. And considering that it was for an expensive software product made me think it may be related to BD.

Note: obviously I am not convinced that it is coming from BD back-office. And I apologize if it happens to not be related. But I do think it is reasonably likely and I'd advise BD to investigate whether their customers' identities have been in any way compromised. And of course, I'd advise BD customers (especially recent ones) to pay close attention to their next couple of billing cycles.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Hello All,

On top of all my technical frustration with BD here is a new, most-recent kink.

I got a call today from my credit card company advising me of possibly fraudelent charge made to my card early this morning. The charge was fraudelent indeed.

Considering that I usually don't use this card for online purchase and the fact that I used it to buy BD made me slightly suspicious. Considering that it came at 4am EST made me think it likely come from Europe/Asia. And considering that it was for an expensive software product made me think it may be related to BD.

Note: obviously I am not convinced that it is coming from BD back-office. And I apologize if it happens to not be related. But I do think it is reasonably likely and I'd advise BD to investigate whether their customers' identities have been in any way compromised. And of course, I'd advise BD customers (especially recent ones) to pay close attention to their next couple of billing cycles.

Hi!

I have created a ticket for your request, your ticket ID is 200905071007118. We need the details of your BitDefender purchase so that we can see if the charge comes from a possible BitDefender autorenewal. However, if the case, you would have been notified in advance of the renewal of the purchase, by our online vendor, Digital River. We will also contact them regarding your situation.

• acherner
    Options

Autorenewal? I don't think so.

The vendor from whom the fraudulent purchase was made has nothing to do with BD.

• Unknown
    Options
    Autorenewal? I don't think so.

The vendor from whom the fraudulent purchase was made has nothing to do with BD.

Ok, you should further investigate it with your credit card company. I will also close your ticket.

This discussion has been closed.