Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Problem

Options

I just got Bitdefender 2009 and it says i need to do an update but when i click update i get a message saying -

an error occured during the update (Invalid server or proxy settings)

the product will automatically retry to contact the update server. if the problem persists please check our online support webpage at www.bitdefender.com/help . the contact information provided on this site allows you to directly reach the bitdefender customer care team for further information.

could anyone please help me

Comments

• i have bit defender 09 total security installed.but i can't update it says invalid server/proxy settings.yesterday bit defender found virus in autorun.inf so i formatted my computer.after that i deleted autorun.inf and now i m not able to update bit defender.my Operating system is win xp sp3. i have not installed any other antivirus or firewall.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Adelex and Rohit Bhal,

Concerning this issue, please post here the following information:

1. Are you using a proxy server for port 80 on your Internet connection?

2. The results of the "nslookup upgrade.bitdefender.com" command in Start - Run - "cmd".

Thank you!

• rohitbhal
    edited May 2009
    Options

server : 85.255.122.84.static.ukrtelegroup.com.ua

address : 85.255.122.84

*** No Address <A> records available for upgrade.bitdefender.com

What do u mean by using a proxy server for port 80 on your Internet connection?

Nothing else

• alexcrist
    Options

Rohit Bhal,

nslookup returns two sets of information.

One, is the DNS information (server name and address), the one you posted.

There should be other few lines after that. The first line contains the text:

Non-authoritative answer:
    and after that, there are 3 lines, with the name of the looked up server, addresses and aliases. That is the information that Diana asked for. :)

Please run nslookup again (as posted above), and post a screenshot of the complete result.

Cris.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Rohit Bhal,

The information you have provided us with up to this point shows that you have an infection on your system which modified the DNS address normally used. Please follow these steps:

- Go to Start, Run, type in "ncpa.cpl" then hit [OK];

- Right click on the current network connection, then select Properties, highlight Internet Protocol TCP/IP and click on the Properties button. For DNS address set it to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" or if you have a manually configured DNS addresses ask your ISP for that IP. After having completed this step click on OK.

- Go back to BitDefender, right click on the system tray icon and select Update Now - the update should work this time. When the update finishes run a Deep system scan with BitDefender.

In case the update does not work after changing this setting please let me know and we will try an alternative method to remove the infection.

Thank you!

• after doing the changes it just keep checking for updates but after sometime it changes to status and finish option appear and doesn't update at all.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Rohit Bhal,

Please be so kind as to tell us what is the exact number of virus signatures that you have in BitDefender - Advanced View - Update.

• my virus signature database is - 2846668. i can update if u want i have downloaded manual update.

• Unknown
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hello Rohit Bhal,

In order to resolve this issue we will try two things:

1. First, please use the BitDefender Rescue CD in order to scan your hard drive - please let me know if it finds any infections on the system. The ISO image for the rescue CD is available here.

2. Second, in case the Rescue CD is unable to find any infected file, please reply to the ticket I have opened on your case - 200905081004328 - with the reports generated by the diagnostic tools available in the e-mail.

• i have scanned my computer using webcure it.there is a virus that i have removed.It is trojan.reboot.40985. i can't download the rescue cd the page doesn't open.i will do the complete scan using dr.wbcure it.

• i have removed all the viruses and they are - trojan.reboot.40985 and trojan.stater.992.

• the command result is :

Server : smtp1.ttml.co.in

Address : 202.149.208.92

Non-authoriative answer:

Name : a1937.g.akamai.net.0.1.cn.akamaitech.net

Addresses : 203.199.74.25 , 203.199.74.18

Aliases : upgrade.bitdefender.com, upgrade.bitdefender.com.edgesuite.net

a1937.g.akamai.net

I have removed viruses.

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi Rohit

how are you connecting to the Internet? What settings you have to connect to the Internet on IE?

Hemanth

• Hi Rohit

how are you connecting to the Internet? What settings you have to connect to the Internet on IE?

Hemanth

i have adsl modem that is always on and my connection and so,i don't need a password and user name to login and to connect to internet.i just have to join the cable and ,y connections establishes and i can surf internet through ie or Firefox etc.........

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi Rohit,

people have tried to assist you for two days.

Now could you try and reinstall BD, and see if you can update it now?

Hemanth