Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Enable Bd Firewall

Options

Hi,

I'm currently using the "Bitdefender Internet Security 2009"

Since installation I'm unable to enable the Firewall.

It keep showing me the firewall disabled (the red colour "Fix" button). Nothing happens when I click on "Fix".

Below is the Screen Shot of my problem:

post-24032-1242013794_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Thos,

We have a procedure that can help you install the Firewall driver. Because it is quite complex I have sent it to you by e-mail on the ticket ID that we have created for your case - 200905111003274 .

Thank you!

• kdika
    Options
    Hello Thos,

We have a procedure that can help you install the Firewall driver. Because it is quite complex I have sent it to you by e-mail on the ticket ID that we have created for your case - 200905111003274 .

Thank you!

Could you provide that to me as well?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Kev76,

Yes, absolutely - you should have it by e-mail in a couple of minutes under Ticket ID 200905141007221 .

Please let me know if there are any changes after running these steps.

• Sorry For Bump

But i also have same problem...can u plz provide that firewire driver to me..plz Diana.. :P

• Unknown
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi Hunter007,

Since you are facing the same issue you are not advertising the topic, just simply reporting it. :)

The procedure was sent to you by e-mail on Ticket ID 200905151003094 , please try the steps and let me know what results you have.

Thank you!

• Thanks Diana,

Works perfectly now..thanks for ur help once again

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Hunter007,

Glad to hear that everything is working OK now. :D

I'm going to leave the topic opened for anybody else who encounters this issue.

• Diana - I have the same problem - would appreciate you emailing the solution to me as well! Thanks

• osim
    Options

Hello Diana!

I got same problem.

Can you help me the same way please?

Thank you...

osim-slovenia

• Unknown
    Options

Hello mowery9192 and osim,

I have created support tickets for both of you in our database and send you the procedure for reinstalling the BitDefender Firewall driver.

For mowery9192 : Ticket ID 200905191005472

For osim: Ticket ID 200905191005498

Try to check your Inbox in a couple of minutes for the e-mail.

Thanks!

• Hello Diana

am facing the same problem

with IE8

so please send me the procedure to solve it

Thanks

• osim
    Options

Hi Dianna!

Everything went ok,but just for youre knowledge...at first,i couldnt locate-find NDIS(youre 3thrd steep instruction),so i picked up service option install and after many times "hitting" "ok" button,finaly succed to install firewall driver.

Thanx

osim

slovenija

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Meshal,

Please check the instructions we have sent you on Ticket ID 200905211006681 for installing the Firewall driver.

@ osim

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out OK.

Thank you!

• Hi

I am getting exactly the same problem. Please could you send me the instructions?

Thanks

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Cal,

You should have the e-mail in a couple of minutes under Ticket ID 200905251007962. Please let me know how it works out for you :)

Thanks!

• returnal
    Options
    Hello Cal,

You should have the e-mail in a couple of minutes under Ticket ID 200905251007962. Please let me know how it works out for you :)

Thanks!

Hello Diana, I'm experienceing exactly the same problem as everyone else on here, could you please send me the info in an email as well.

Thanks

• mnlk2
    edited May 2009
    Options

same probleme here, but in wondows 7 build 7137, i precise windows has blocked firewall driver on install

• Heddly
    Options

Hello Diana, I have the same problem. I tried the "What actions to take when the Firewall is unavailable" in Support and it didn't work. I would like to try the Firewall driver install that seems to be my answer. Thank You

• Unknown
    Options

Hello returnal, Heddly and mnlk2,

I'm going to start off by answeringmnlk2 :

Unfortunately BitDefender 2009 is not officially supported on Windows 7, the only product that will be compatible with Windows 7 is BitDefender 2010 which is in a beta state at the moment.

For returnal I sent the resolution on Ticket ID 200906011003405 and Heddly can find an e-mail under Ticket ID 200906011003413 .

Please let me know if you received the e-mails and if the procedure was successful or not.

Thanks!

• Heddly
    Options

Thanks for helping me finally solve my problem, it worked fine. :D

• Hello,

I don't know if I'm having the same problem but it looks like it. When I go to the proporties of my network connection, then the Bitdefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver isn't displayed. When I try to install it I see some files beeing copied but I get an error message saying "... access denied"

I really hope you can help me.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Bluesmoker,

We will send you by e-mail in a couple of minutes the procedure on how to reinstall the Firewall driver - please follow those steps and if you run into any issues just reply to my message.

Thank you!

• It worked! Thank you very much :)

• Hi Diana,

This must start to feel like groundhog day for you... but I too have the same issue. Can you send me the procedure to reinstall the Firewall Driver?

Thanks

• hi diana, i'm having the same problem with these guys, can u pls send me an email on how to fix this. thnks

• Diana, same problem here, please send me the email on how to fix this. thanks

• bani
    Options

Hi Diana, same issue, please help me with the patch as well, thanks~ :mellow:

• Unknown
    Options

Hello bani, edilpena, bluesting23 and SnapCount,

You were each sent an e-mail with the procedure on how to re-enabled the firewall driver - please follow those steps and if you encounter any issues just reply to my message.

Thanks!

• hi diana, I followed yor instructions in the email but unfortunately it didn't worked for me. My problem is that "vsserv.exe is unavailable". I hope I can have another solution from you for this one. thanks!

• Unknown
    Options

Hello bluesting23,

The procedure did not work for you because this is a topic opened for a different issue than the one you are facing. You can find the topic that addresses your situation here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12902

• hoppo48
    Options

Hi Diana,

I also am unable to activate the firewall. I run on XP 5.1. Can you please send me the email fix

cheers

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    Hi Diana,

I also am unable to activate the firewall. I run on XP 5.1. Can you please send me the email fix

cheers

Hello hoppo48,

Perform the instructions from the email that we have sent you and reply in case the same issue occurs .

• Ruddy64
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hello Thos,

Thank you!

Hi. I'm having the same issue. Can You please send me instructions too. Thank You. My OS is WinXP

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    Hi. I'm having the same issue. Can You please send me instructions too. Thank You. My OS is WinXP

Hello Ruddy ,

We have sent you an email with the procedure that will help you enable the BitDefender Firewall . Reply to our email if the same issue reoccurs .

• aerious
    Options

Hi Diana, I need the instruction as well. Could you please send me the email? Thank you.

• Trimzz
    Options

Hello, I have the same problem with my Bitdefender firewall too. Can't enable it and I'm scared that my computer is at a risk because I use internet everyday. I would appreciate if you can send me the solution too... Thank you.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Trimzz and Aerious ,

We have sent you the procedure through the email . Please reply back if you have any other questions or issues .

Thank you .

• hi diana, i'm having the same problem with these guys, can u pls send me an email on how to fix this. thnks

• bovcan
    Options

Work this fix on Windows 7 too?

Becouse my FireWall on BIS 2009 doesn't work. I have it installed on Windows 7 b7600 x86.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello bovcan and supermew ,

supermew , I have created you a support ticket and an email was sent you . Reply if you have any other questions .

bovcan , I cannot tell you for sure if the procedure will work on Windows 7 . You can try though , because I have sent you an email with the instructions .

Thank you .

• YouNoob
    edited July 2009
    Options

I'm having the same problem.I am feeling a bit awkward but could you send it to me as well,Diana? :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.

• Hi Diana~

Probability I meet the same problem, can you send me the email? Thanks a lot~

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Breeze and YouNoob ,

We have sent you the procedure to enable the Firewall through the email . Please reply if this workaround did not worked for you .

Thank you .

• I try this on Windows 7 RTM x86 but no efect.

• Hello support team!

I'm having the same problem. Could you send it to me as well?

Thanks!

/Lowpass

• I'm having this problem too. Please send me an e-mail with instructions.

Thanx!

• I'm having the same problem. Could you send it to me as well?

Thanks!

Ren

ren@comcast.net

• Hi, I'm having the same problem on Windows XP. Could you send me the solution as well? Thanks!

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello ngarut, PB4UGO and bazza75,

We have sent you the procedure that will help you re-enable the BitDefender Firewall. Reply to our email please if you have the same issues after you will perform those steps.

Thank you .

• Hi Support team-same problem. Windows XP, service pack 3.

thanks in advance!