Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Errors

Options

Hi yes its me again. I am still waiting for a fix for

1. on screen activity bar to stop showing all the time

2. For the game mode to stop trying to add full screen apps all the time.

3. For the dash board in adavanced view to show file activity and network activity

4. To get Bitdefender to stop asking me if i want to send info all the time.

5. To get the update to work without resetting all rules.

All of theses options are turned off in the program but there off does not work. I did try to edit the files as was posted but they are already set to 0

Are these errors to be fixed or am i waiting for nothing im not upset over the program or the people that make it or help out, all i want is a honest answer are they to be fixed if not then we can move on and stop playing around .

Telling me the new beta does not have these problems is no use as beta = unfinished software and has errors. And i wont run it, i bought a none beta version 2009 which i did expect to work. I feel i have waited and have been very Patient with the waiting and have never accused anyone its been 4 months now . PLEASE let me know if these errors will be fixed as i think its time to call a end to useing the program. I want to thank all the helpers here at the forum as they do try there best but have a poor program to work with.

Comments

• RSFan
    Options

Dear Hammey, i'm not from the technical support but let me ask one of your problems with a question.

The problem number 4 isn't caused because of setting your BD product in Aggresive mode?

• john305
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi thank you for your reply no everything is set to custom settings not to scan on on any time. Everything that is possible to disable is disabled matter of fact it has never run a scan . I see no need with auto protect on also with a hardware firewall. The bit i get for number 4 is to ask me to participate it there virus notification i have that shut off also .I have not had a virus on the system running bitdefender i have 3 licence for it but until i can get it to work on one system i wont use it on the other systems.This is bitdefender internet security 2009

• john305
    Options

Well its been a few days and no answer on the fixes. Common sence tells us if they where going to be fixed one of the Forum people would have said so since i have not received a reply I will take it that no fixes are planned for the problems I and others have been having. So i shall move on and try a diffrent product , ty Chris and Diana for your help in the past and continue the good work.

• john305
    Options

Hi I wonder is there any word on fixes for the problems I have stated. I paid for bitdefender and sold it to others that also have these same problems. An answer would be nice. I have stopped using it myself, but I still have customers that have these problems. And need the errors fixed or something done for them. Myself I don’t care about the program the money I spent or any of it. But some errors do need to be fixed for them to still be able to use the program. Or is removal and change there only choice.

• john305
    Options

Hi again I was just wondering if there where any updates to the problems I have mentioned. I still have people waiting on the fixes. I have also been using word to type my responses now so I hope all spelling and grammar is ok.

Thank You

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Hammey,

I cannot give you exact details or a time frame right now, but I can tell you that all problems that you wrote in the first post (except #4, which I didn't quite understand) are known and are being worked on. Also, all of them (again, except #4) were already discussed on other topics on this forum. Details about them were given at that time.

Cris.

• -Max-
    Options
    4. To get Bitdefender to stop asking me if i want to send info all the time.

5. To get the update to work without resetting all rules.

Hello,

It seems to me that you're referring to the crash of temp files from BD. Usually a scandisk or sfx / scannow and reinstalling with the latest installer, solves the problem.

For your problem update, some malicious code prevent updates Bitdefender, where it may be that the firewall is misconfigured.

Best regards

-Max -

• john305
    Options

Hi -Max - Thank you for your responce. I am glad to hear there are fixes on the way and I will keep a copy of bitdefender on a older system so I can tell when they have been fixed and will then start to use it again.

Best Regards

• john305
    Options

Hello it has been another 2 weeks so I thought I would bring this up again. When are these problems going to be fixed? I paid for a working program and also I am not the type to give up when I have paid for something. Also since I can no longer use the program what happens to my subscription it still has 18 months left on a program that is unusable? When a program runs an error in code the whole program suffers. So when it tries to display the file activity and network activity in advanced mode it does not just try to load it once it keeps trying therefore slows everything down. Also coming to this forum just makes me sad to see all the problems everyone has. I sure hope bitdefender does something for us. And yes I know how code works I am visual basic cert along with mcse and office cert. And no I don’t want my money back I want the working program I paid for. From the time it has taken when these problems where first reported by people and still no fix. I honestly do not see any fixes for these issues in the future. I also know this has nothing to do with the support people on this forum but this seems to be the only place to get a response

Hammey

• john305
    Options

Hi well it has been over a month now and I am still waiting for the fixes on these problems. The screen activity bar shows up still no matter if you do the fixes suggested here or not. Still no dash board in advanced view to show file activity and network activity. Please post when these issues will be fixed then I can start to use the program I paid for again.

Thank You

Hammey

• Viscon
    Options

Sorry to say that but I'm afraid all the issues won't be fixed.

I assume BD team is busy now working on v2010, so instead of fixing v2009,

they'll get you a choice to give v2010 a go or a miss.

<_<

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Hammey ,

The File Activity and Network Activity sections , under Advanced View are not displayed due to some incompatibility issues between our product and Internet Explorer 8 . Unfortuantely , the only workaround will be to downgrade to Internet Explorer 7 . The other issue that you mentioned , can be solved following the steps from the last post of the next topic:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...20&start=20 .

We are sorry for this situation and rest assure that all of this issues have been fixed in our new product , BitDefender 2010 . We will launch this version soon and all of our users will have the possibility to upgrade for free to it .

Thank you .

• Hi Alex well I have tried those fixes on one pc I have that still runs bitdefender and it does not work. I do not think it is my job to find work around’s to make the program work. Also the cost of me having to do this on a large network would be to much I have many customers I recommended this to and am now spending my time for free to fix it hence I have removed it from most pc's. Yes maybe some have time to play with an anti virus program but I work therefore do not. Therefore I would like a patch and no I cant down grade all pc’s to ie 7. Just as a review i bought internet security 2008 as it worked on vista 64 bit first update it messed up ,I was told oh no you need 2009 free upgrade nothing but trouble with it. I dont want my money back or anything like that, a working program would be nice though.

Thank You

Hammey