Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can I Disable Scan Of Files Being Deleted?

Options

Greetings! When I delete a large number of files (e.g. move them to the recycle bin in WIndows XP), it appears that all of the files get scanned by BD. This is quite bothersome and it slows things down a lot. Is there any way to disable this feature? That is, can BD be directed to NOT scan files during a "delete" operation? I guess this applies to any "delete" operation, such as deleting huge folders or even clearing the Temporary Internet Files cache. Any thoughts?

On a related note, is there any reason files need to be scanned when they are being deleted? Thanks.

Pat

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello pmkelly00

You can exclude folders from being scanned by the on-access scanner : open BitDefender go to anti-virus,custom level,press on +-icon exclude path from scan (applied to all levels) now press on add (new) item and browse to recycler. You have to do this first before you can see recycler. Go to start,my computer,Go to tools,folder options,display/view,uncheck hide protected operating systemfiles files. If you want that BitDefender will not scan files in realtime than you have to disable realtime protection. What you can do is to only scan program files to do that press on the +-icon before scan accessed files.

Regards

Niels