Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

bitdefender9 ignoring viruses

Options
Virus scan options

Detection

[X]Scan boot sectors

[X] Scan archives

[X] Scan packed files

[X] Scan email

File mask

[X] Programs

[ ] All files

[ ] User defined extensions:

[ ] Exclude extensions: ;

Action

Infected objects

[X] Ignore

[ ] Disinfect

[ ] Delete

[ ] Copy to quarantine

[ ] Move to quarantine

[ ] Rename

[ ] Prompt user

Second action

[X] Ignore

[ ] Delete

[ ] Copy to quarantine

[ ] Move to quarantine

[ ] Rename

[ ] Prompt user

My settings in bitdefender are as thus: My first action is to delete said virus, my second action is to move to quarantine. The settings are set, and I can go back to the settings and they are as I set them--so why is the above log telling me the settings are to ignore and ignore?

This is what I'm stuck with:

Summary:

C:\Documents and Settings\Mary\Local Settings\Temp\thh3ep2i.exe Detected: Adware.Winfixer.G

C:\Documents and Settings\Mary\Local Settings\Temp\x2mxxpqb.exe Detected: Application.Winfixer.CA

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\iesuninst.exe Infected: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.NN

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isadd.dll Infected: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.NN

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isamntr.exe Infected: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.NN

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isunst.exe Infected: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.NN

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\pmsnrr.exe Infected: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.NN

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\pmunst.exe Infected: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.NN

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\uninst.exe Infected: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.NN

Any advice?

Comments

• vlad
    Options

There are separate settings for the Virus Shield and for the Virus Scanner. Where are the settings you pasted here from?

Until you sort that issue out, "what you're stuck with" are almost certainly trojans; you can safely delete the folder "C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\" (you might only be able to do it in Safe Mode or by using software such as Unlocker ). You can also delete thh3ep2i.exe and x2mxxpqb.exe from "C:\Documents and Settings\Mary\Local Settings\Temp\".

• Niels
    Options

Did you also pressed on ok to confirm the settings? I tested it and the options how BD reacts doesn't change.

Try this download rogueremover from here : http://www.majorgeeks.com/RogueRemover_d5360.html This is a handy tool to remove rogue software it is possible to remove video activex object. It's trustfull.