Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Support Bd 2009 On Holiday

Options

After buying BD Internet Security 2009 (3 licenses) 4 June 2009 I installed the program on 2 of my PC's. I sonn had to realize, that the program was not able to do a normal scan and made some tickets to BD support about the issue. BD came with some suggestions, runnings patches and other things I should try out. None of the suggestions could bring BD to do a scan, so I made a request til get my money back, as program is only 50% working and not able to do the things I was promised when I bought the program. So I am indeed entitled to get my money back.

Next thing that happened was, that I got a mail from one of BD's support-crew - Diana Bele BitDefender Technical Support Engineer - making me this offer:

"we will extend you current BitDefender subscription with an additional 9 months and provide you with a new license key that is both compatible with BitDefender 2008 and the future BitDefender 2010 so that you can use version 2008 until the new version is launched"

I thought, that it is a reasonable offer and I can live with running 2008-version under these conditions as the 2008-version can do a scan on my PC's. So I installed 2008-version (trial) and waited for a new licensekey as promised.

After waiting about a week on this I tried to write to BD support again asking for my new license. No answers, not even after several mails. Now I tried the 24/7 chat support, but there was never any reaction at all on the chat - maybe they sent the chat-supporters on holiday a long time ago?

Writing in the forum seems to be the only hope on getting in contact with support-crew, so I expect something to happen now.

Anybody with similar experiences :unsure:

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    After buying BD Internet Security 2009 (3 licenses) 4 June 2009 I installed the program on 2 of my PC's. I sonn had to realize, that the program was not able to do a normal scan and made some tickets to BD support about the issue. BD came with some suggestions, runnings patches and other things I should try out. None of the suggestions could bring BD to do a scan, so I made a request til get my money back, as program is only 50% working and not able to do the things I was promised when I bought the program. So I am indeed entitled to get my money back.

Next thing that happened was, that I got a mail from one of BD's support-crew - Diana Bele BitDefender Technical Support Engineer - making me this offer:

"we will extend you current BitDefender subscription with an additional 9 months and provide you with a new license key that is both compatible with BitDefender 2008 and the future BitDefender 2010 so that you can use version 2008 until the new version is launched"

I thought, that it is a reasonable offer and I can live with running 2008-version under these conditions as the 2008-version can do a scan on my PC's. So I installed 2008-version (trial) and waited for a new licensekey as promised.

After waiting about a week on this I tried to write to BD support again asking for my new license. No answers, not even after several mails. Now I tried the 24/7 chat support, but there was never any reaction at all on the chat - maybe they sent the chat-supporters on holiday a long time ago?

Writing in the forum seems to be the only hope on getting in contact with support-crew, so I expect something to happen now.

Anybody with similar experiences :unsure:

Hello Teddy ,

We are sorry for the late reply to your email . One of my colleagues from the Customer Care Department have sent you the new license key . Please reply to our email in case you have any other questions or issues .

This discussion has been closed.