Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help Removing Trojan.Downloader.ConHook.Al

Options

After scanning the system, I get a report that says the virus is unable to be removed. What do I have to do to get this out of my computer. The file name is C:\Windows\System32\HPODdex.dll

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• vlad
    Options

Please attach the file to a new post and I'll look into it.

• Please attach the file to a new post and I'll look into it.

I also have the same problem wrote to support several days ago.

Every 2 minutes I am getting warning messages that a trojan or virus has been found also when I scan it is removed in the message.

Booting again the same problem.

Would some one know software that can really remove all those Trojans before booting to Windows XP?

Why does bitdefender don't reply on kind and urgent questions?

• I tried to attach the file but I can't get it to go through.

Doug

After scanning the system, I get a report that says the virus is unable to be removed. What do I have to do to get this out of my computer. The file name is C:\Windows\System32\HPODdex.dll

Any help would be appreciated.

• Cd-MaN
    Options

Hello.

Bitdefender not being able to remove a file usually means that the given file is currently open and in memory. Windows does not support the safe removal of such files. You should try rebooting in safe mode and delete the file from there. There is also an other alternative: use Unlocker to unlock the file and then delete it, however this can affect system stability, thus make sure to save any documents you might be working on and close all other programs before trying this. Also you should restart your computer after the file has been removed.

• Unetwork
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Hello.

Bitdefender not being able to remove a file usually means that the given file is currently open and in memory. Windows does not support the safe removal of such files. You should try rebooting in safe mode and delete the file from there. There is also an other alternative: use Unlocker to unlock the file and then delete it, however this can affect system stability, thus make sure to save any documents you might be working on and close all other programs before trying this. Also you should restart your computer after the file has been removed.

Strange than...

As did try many anti virus software such as Norton, Avast, F-Secure for the last one have also a paid license, they do have a standard mode inside that if they can't unlock the Trojan or virus this will be deleted and taken care of the next reboot to Windows.

.....guess Bitdefender is more for the market of fast detection but not for the real solution that is a pity though as typing something in Linux to clean something is for most users abracadabra which means too difficult.

If there is coming a update to make a bootable CD in some months from now please let some mod contact me as in a few months my license of F secure is ending for my company.

Good luck to all I'm out of here ;)