Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking C:\windows\system32\wscript.exe

Options

Several times in the past couple of weeks, Bitdefender has popped up with a message that it has blocked a potentially malicious ****** from running:

c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe

It seems to happen most often when I'm working with Outlook 2007, , and recently when the HP Health Advisor program was running, so I figured it was a necessary Windows system file, so after ignoring the notice several times I finally allowed it through, but allowed it to block the ****** later.

Should I continue to allow Bitdefender to block this ******?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    Several times in the past couple of weeks, Bitdefender has popped up with a message that it has blocked a potentially malicious ****** from running:

c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe

It seems to happen most often when I'm working with Outlook 2007, , and recently when the HP Health Advisor program was running, so I figured it was a necessary Windows system file, so after ignoring the notice several times I finally allowed it through, but allowed it to block the ****** later.

Should I continue to allow Bitdefender to block this ******?

Hello Franny S. ,

wscript.exe is a process relating to Microsoft Windows operating system which allows additional functions to scripting . It is a legitimate process and you can find more information's about it accessing the next link:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232211 .

BitDefender Behavioral Scanner is falsely detecting this ****** as infected and that is why you should add this process in its exception list . In order to do this please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender and click on Switch to Advanced View .

2. Click on Antivirus and under the Shield tab please click on the Scanner Settings button .

3. Under "Excluded Applications " click on the "+" button then browse to the location of this process : c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe and then click on Open .

4. Close the Behavioral Scanner window and let us know if you still receive warning messages from BitDefender .

Thank you .