Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Computer Crash

Options

The first time i installed BitDefender, my computer started crashing every time i visited pages like facebook. i was not sure if bitdefender was the problem, so i reinstalled windows, and installed only the most important drivers. i then tryed to visit facebook again without any antivirus installed. i had no problems, and no crash. i then installed bitdefender again, and tryed visiting facebook again, and then got a crash right away. so i figured that bitdefender was the problem?

anyone else know why this happens?

Comments

• Taase
    Options

info:

i'm using vista ultimate

the crash happens both in IE browser and chrome browser

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Taase ,

Please provide us the following information's :

- what is the name of the BitDefender program that you are using ;

- tell us if there are any messages displayed after your browsers crashes ;

Now try the following steps in order to find out the exact BitDefender option that is causing this :

1. Open BitDefender and SWITCH TO ADVANCED VIEW;

2. Select the Antivirus module on the left and go to the "Shield" tab;

3. Click on the Custom Level button;

4. Make sure the following items are NOT checked:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

5. Click on the "OK" button in apply the changes.

6. Disable the Antiphishing protection .

Please keep us update with the results .

Thank you

• Taase
    Options

I use internet security 2009

I have tryed follow the steps, but with no succes.

its not only the browser that crash, its the hole computer.

I have tryed to uninstall Bitdefender 2 times now, and each time my computer don't have the bitdefender installed, i cant get it to crash. but when I install it again, the computer crash after some few minutes sufing the web.

So i dont get any messeges then the computer crash, its simply freezes, and the only thing i can do is presseing the reset.

i have also tryed to install a different antivirus, just to be sure. I installed Bullguard, and i didnt get any crashes with this antivirus.

I hope you can help me with this... and thanks for the fast response.

• Taase
    Options

i Guess this is kind of the same problem as this Post

• john305
    Options

Yes its me lol. So from your answer if he disables half of bitdefender he may get it to work. Good show I love these fixes. I am still waiting on the ones I reported 2 months ago don’t hold your breath.

Hammey

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

I have tryed to uninstall Bitdefender 2 times now, and each time my computer don't have the bitdefender installed, i cant get it to crash. but when I install it again, the computer crash after some few minutes sufing the web.

So i dont get any messeges then the computer crash, its simply freezes, and the only thing i can do is presseing the reset.

i have also tryed to install a different antivirus, just to be sure. I installed Bullguard, and i didnt get any crashes with this antivirus.

Hello Taase ,

We need to have a look on some reports that will be generated on your system . We have sent you an email that will explain you how to obtain them and you will have to reply back to us with these files attached.

Thank you .

• Diablo
    edited July 2009
    Options

I have the same problem to.My PC totally freezes and it requires a manual reboot.In my PC Firefox 3.5 and IE 7 both have the same problems.

• Taase
    Options
    I have the same problem to.My PC totally freezes and it requires a manual reboot.In my PC Firefox 3.5 and IE 7 both have the same problems.

Well im glad im not the only one with this problem. I will post again, when the support and I find a solution, if they dont post it them self.

• Diablo
    Options
    Well im glad im not the only one with this problem. I will post again, when the support and I find a solution, if they dont post it them self.

Dear Bitdefender Support Team.

This problem is occurring only when a person is getting his p.c a new O.S (such as:-Vista,XP) in the last 15 days.After they install it and they update BitDefender Total Security 2009 and loging specially into photo sharing or social networking sites the whole p.c is freezing.By the an analysis of the crash one thing is clear that EVEN YOU GUYS GIVE YOUR P.C A SETUP OF THE SAME KIND YOU CAN STIMULATE THE PROBLEM AND RESEARCH ON IT.Please do so ,or else your forum and technical support line will be rammed with all the existing and new BitDefender users in next 24 hours all with the same problem.As far as I can remember one of my friends complained against a certain problem and after 3/4 months the BitDefender Support Team responded an E-Mail like He has to send his problem back again to them and then they will start analysis....IS THIS WHAT YOU GUYS CALL A FAST CUSTOMER SUPPORT ???

• Has there been a fix for this or is this a one on one with tech support for a resolution. I reformatted my system a couple weeks ago and I cannot be on Facebook, view weather maps, or listen to some online music sites without my whole system crashing. When it crashes, my mouse will scroll, but nothing else will work and I must hit the reset button. I have been spending a lot of time trying to find out what the issue is, and it seems that I may have found it, BD.

Any help would be great...

Cliff

Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit

BD Total Security 2009

- engine version 7.27032

• Has there been a fix for this or is this a one on one with tech support for a resolution. I reformatted my system a couple weeks ago and I cannot be on Facebook, view weather maps, or listen to some online music sites without my whole system crashing. When it crashes, my mouse will scroll, but nothing else will work and I must hit the reset button. I have been spending a lot of time trying to find out what the issue is, and it seems that I may have found it, BD.

Any help would be great...

Cliff

Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit

BD Total Security 2009

- engine version 7.27032

Guess not

• Taase
    Options

I have been e-mailing with support for a very long time now, and sending them a lot of reports, made by different programs. I have been deactivating all parts of the program. And its pretty much it. I sounded to me like they gave up! now the support is not answering my mails, even though i can see the same person, who i spoke with, is active in the forum.

I have not received any kind of "we cant solve this problem", they just stop answering.

So yes, i have wasted my money on nothing, sins this was a problem from the beginning. and i was not able to see that is was BDIS 09 that was the problem of all my crashes within the first 30 days.

I have requested a refund. But guess what, no response here either.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Taase and Cliff G ,

Yesterday we released BitDefender 2010 and that is why we recommend you to upgrade for free to this version following the instructions from the next thread:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=14997 . Let us know if you have the same issues after you perform this action .

Thank you .

• Taase
    Options

It looks like it worked. I have not encountered any crashed after updating to 2010.

Thanks you very much. :D

i will return if any new problem will appear, but i really don't hope so.

Best regards Taase