Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vista, Malware Protection ... Check Settings

Options

I have BD 2008, yesterday I got a icon on the process bar on the right side leading to Windows Security Center with the information in this attachment:

post-18589-1247622764_thumb.jpgpost-18589-1247622764_thumb.jpg

I can see on the update history that the updates are running without problems every hour.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Henrik H,

Please try the instructions bellow :

1. Click on Start from Windows , go to Control Panel and open Administrative Tools.

2. Access the Services option.

3. Here look after the following services :

Windows Security Center

Windows Managament Instrumentation

4. We will need to stop them and in order to do this you will have to right click on each one and

choose Stop . You don't have to worry because these services will start automatically after you restart your computer.

6. Now , go to C:\Windows\System32\wbem\ and delete the folder called "Repository"

7. Reboot your system and everything should work ok .

Thank you .

• fonzdk
    Options

post-18589-1247770194_thumb.jpg

Hello Henrik H,

Please try the instructions bellow :

1. Click on Start from Windows , go to Control Panel and open Administrative Tools.

2. Access the Services option.

3. Here look after the following services :

Windows Security Center

Windows Managament Instrumentation

4. We will need to stop them and in order to do this you will have to right click on each one and

choose Stop . You don't have to worry because these services will start automatically after you restart your computer.

6. Now , go to C:\Windows\System32\wbem\ and delete the folder called "Repository"

7. Reboot your system and everything should work ok .

Thank you .

I did not find the Windows Security Center on the list.

I stoped the Windows Managament Instrumentation

and removed the "Repository" folder, and then rebooted.

The only change is that I got the attached message after restarting:

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Henrik H ,

Most probably MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM is not loading properly at startup . Please try reinstalling it and let us know if you receive the same message after that .

Thank you .

• fonzdk
    Options
    Hello Henrik H ,

Most probably MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM is not loading properly at startup . Please try reinstalling it and let us know if you receive the same message after that .

Thank you .

The pop-up about "MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM" stoped after second restart.

BUT the original problem "Malware Protection ... Check Settings" still exists.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    The pop-up about "MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM" stoped after second restart.

BUT the original problem "Malware Protection ... Check Settings" still exists.

Hello Henrik H ,

This sittuation is currently being investigated by my colleagues from the Development Team . Most probably , next week , a fix will be released through automatic update . You don't have to worry though , because your computer will still be protected , because BitDefender is enabled.

Thank you .

• fonzdk
    Options
    Hello Henrik H ,

This sittuation is currently being investigated by my colleagues from the Development Team . Most probably , next week , a fix will be released through automatic update . You don't have to worry though , because your computer will still be protected , because BitDefender is enabled.

Thank you .

OK, so now 2 weeks later: How are they getting along with a solution? The problem/message is still there!

• OK, so now 2 weeks later: How are they getting along with a solution? The problem/message is still there!

I have installed Vista Service Pack 2 and that seems to have solved the problem. "If you wait long enough, time takes care of all".