Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Hard Drive And Virus Detected Immediately?

Options

Please help. My one year old computer crashed. It was at Best Buy (and its service agents) in two different states, gone 5 weeks.

After a new hard drive, new power supply and new motherboard, I went today and they reformatted it (with disks I made when I first got it). Got it home, and immediately reinstalled BitDefender and have done nothing else on it before or after, until signing on here.

Did the BitDefender update online and when it ran the scan automatically after it updated, I have a virus!!!!!!!!! How that could happen on my virginal new hard drive is beyond me. Could the initial disks I made be infected. I made them as soon as I got the computer. I'm baffled.

I'll copy the report below. I have no idea what I need to do. Thank you in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

//

// ProductBitDefender Antivirus v10

// Product10.0

//

// Created on: 09/08/2007 20:56:32

//

//-----------------------------------------------------------------

Virus Statistics

Scan path : C:\WINDOWS

C:\Program Files

Folders : 3787

Files : 23150

Memory processes scanned : 0

Archives : 0

Runtime packers : 1942

Identified viruses : 1

Infected files : 1

Memory processes infected : 0

Suspect files : 0

Warnings : 0

Disinfected files : 0

Deleted files : 0

Moved files : 1

I/O errors : 1

Scan time : 00:06:13

Scan speed (files/sec) : 62

Virus definitions : 754418

Scan plugins : 16

Archive plugins : 41

Unpack plugins : 6

Mail plugins : 6

System plugins : 5

Virus scan options

Detection

[X] Scan boot sectors

[ ] Memory Processes

[ ] Scan archives

[X] Scan runtime packers

[X] Scan email

File mask

[X] Programs

[ ] All files

[ ] User defined extensions:

[ ] Exclude extensions: ;

Action

Infected objects

[ ] Ignore

[X] Disinfect

[ ] Delete

[ ] Move to quarantine

[ ] Prompt user

Second action

[ ] Ignore

[ ] Delete

[X] Move to quarantine

[ ] Prompt user

Virus scan options

[X] Enable warnings

[ ] Enable heuristics

[ ] Show all files in log

[X] Report file: C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1186710992.log

Spyware scan options

[X] Scan for riskware

[ ] Skip dial and applications from scan

[ ] Registry keys

[ ] Cookies

Summary:

C:\Program Files\music_now\inetchk.exe Infected: Trojan.Click.HD

C:\Program Files\music_now\inetchk.exe Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\music_now\inetchk.exe Moved

Comments

• Did you install that program? It couldn't have got there with Windows itself. You should delete the file manually.

Andrei

• Niels
    Options

Hello loreapple

BitDefender already moved the file to quarantaine. So that file can't harm your computer.

The initial discs could be already infected. Did you visit any websites before BitDefender was installed and updated?

Regards

Niels

• The only thing I did was install BitDefender. Then I had to go to the BitDefender website to get information d/t a lost password. They mailed it to me, and I went into that mail only, using a web browswer mail program in Explorer instead of using Outlook, because my provider has virus scan on their web based mail. I only opened that one mail from BitDefender, to get the password, shut down Explorer and finished installing the update to BitDefender and then it ran a scan as soon as it installed and it showed that virus, which was a bit of a shock.

The disks are ones I made (first thing) when I got my computer new a year ago. Unless I could have gotten a virus from opening that one mail from BitDefender yesterday, then there must be a virus on those recovery disks because that is what they used at Best Buys on the new hard drive.

Anyway, I have no idea how to remove it. If anyone can tell me, I'd be most appreciative. I see from another mail, it was quarantined, which I thought was the case, but I'd like to get rid of it completely if possible.

Thank you in advance, Lore Apple

Hello loreapple

BitDefender already moved the file to quarantaine. So that file can't harm your computer.

The initial discs could be already infected. Did you visit any websites before BitDefender was installed and updated?

Regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Hello loreapple

The most common reason is that this infection has implemented itself on your cd-rom's.

Start BitDefender go to antivirus,quarantine,select inetchk.exe after you done that press on the remove icon now you have removed the infection. But I still recommend that you perform a deep scan. To do that go to antivirus,scanning and post also the result of the scan.

Regards

Niels

• This was a FP (False Positive) and detection has been removed for it. Update your BD to get the new signature definitions.

Best regards.