Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Schedule

Options

Hi Everyone,

I want to start a BitDefender Anti virus V10 scan, even if my computer is turned off, and I want my computer to auto turn off when the scan is finished. I have never used Windows XP Scheduled task before, but I did notice that XP will turn on the computer at a preset time (but it won't turn it off), and BitDefender scheduled tasks will auto turn off the computer when the scan is done.

So I used Windows Scheduled tasks to turn on the computer and start BitDefender, and the I also scheduled the scan ( to start at the same time ) in BitDefender Tasks.

So my question is, is it good practice to start Windows and BitDefender at the same time, or should I schedule BitDefender to start, say 5 Min's. after Windows starts BitDefender ?

Feed back will be appreciated!

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi leoliver,

You should leave a period between Windows starts and BitDefender starts scanning. Windows doesn't boot instantly, so the time at which BD should start might be passed and, as a result, you'll have a running PC, no scan and no shutdown.

I'd say to let 5 minutes (or more, depending on how long your Windows needs to fully start) and then schedule BitDefender.

Cris.