System Task Are Gone

Sometime after July 8 my computer was no longer running the auto logon scan or a deep system scan every 3 days. So, I open bitdefender to see what's going on and what I find is that under the "Virus Scan" tab everything in the "System Tasks" group is gone and now I can't run any sort of scan.

Comments

• Sometime after July 8 my computer was no longer running the auto logon scan or a deep system scan every 3 days. So, I open bitdefender to see what's going on and what I find is that under the "Virus Scan" tab everything in the "System Tasks" group is gone and now I can't run any sort of scan.

Hello wagswvu ,

Please download the patch from the next link:http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ystem_32bit.exe and run it after that .

If you are using Widows Vista you may need to disable User Account Control. For that you need to open Control Panel, then go to User Accounts, click on Disable or Enable User Account Control and uncheck the UAC box.

At the end of these steps please reboot your computer and then open BitDefender, go to Advanced View->Update and click on Update Now. After the Update is complete go to Antivirus -> Virus Scan and look if the System Tasks are listed and if you are able to perform a scan .

Thank you .

• Hello wagswvu ,

Please download the patch from the next link:http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ystem_32bit.exe and run it after that .

If you are using Widows Vista you may need to disable User Account Control. For that you need to open Control Panel, then go to User Accounts, click on Disable or Enable User Account Control and uncheck the UAC box.

At the end of these steps please reboot your computer and then open BitDefender, go to Advanced View->Update and click on Update Now. After the Update is complete go to Antivirus -> Virus Scan and look if the System Tasks are listed and if you are able to perform a scan .

Thank you .

Hi Alex,

Are you from the Technical support? I am having the same issue, I am using Windows Vista and Bitdefender 2009, I followed your post, run the patch but it did not work, actually it worked partly... Once I disable Vista's UAC bitdefender system task shows up and I can scan again, once I re-enable UAC it fail again. I don't want to disable UAC at all as it is a security feature. So could you please help to provide another solution?

Thanks a lot,

• Hi vthai,

First I want to apologize for my delay in responding to your post. In case you are still having issue, in order to solve it, I would recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you.